Advanced Clinical Practice MScCoventry University
Chiedi il prezzo
- Scarborough (Inghilterra)
Cosa impari in questo corso?
Skills and Training
If you’d like to know more about our courses, tweet us with your questions! #AskCU— Coventry University (@covcampus) September 26, 2012 OVERVIEW
This degree is aimed at healthcare practitioners who want to make real a difference and improve standards of practice throughout all aspects of healthcare provision. This exciting programme has been developed to meet the needs of health care practitioners who wish to expand their practice, to be recognised as 'Advanced Practitioners'. The course will support development of the ability to:
- enhance the quality and standard of patient care;
- influence the strategic direction of patient care within your own field of practice;
- develop into an enquiring and reflective clinician.
The Advanced Clinical Practice MSc is approved and supported through Health Education England, working across the West Midlands, and the West Midlands Universities Advanced Practice Group.WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
Because it will actively support the development of knowledge, skills and attitudes that underpin advanced practice. It will promote and stimulate the ability to confidently:
- enhance the quality and standard of patient/child clinical care within the practice setting;
- develop into an enquiring, reflective clinician;
- expand the professional boundaries of clinical practice as a result of increased theoretical knowledge, interprofessional working and supervised practice;
- implement service developments and clinical practice via teaching, supervision, clinical audit and research and business/project management across all care groups/across the life span;
- adopt a pro-active approach to continuing professional development;
- develop enhanced healthcare practitioners patient/child, family and carer relationships;
- respond to the changing demands of health care practice;
- influence the strategic direction of patient care within own field of practice/across the life span at local and national level.
MSc in Advanced Clinical Practice approved and supported through Health Education England working across the West Midlands and the West Midlands Universities Advanced Practice Group.
You are strongly advised to contact the Course Director/Admission Tutor, Alastair Gray, to discuss the course.
+44 (0) 24 7765 5902
+44 (0)7961 964433
A variety of assessment tools are used including traditional essays, but also seminars, presentations, poster production and assessment of clinical skills via OSCEs and assessments in practice. The intention is to use assessment tasks to develop practical skills useful to support advanced practice roles undertaken.TEACHING CONTACT HOURS
Students will attend the University for theory modules. These comprise 20 credit modules, one shorter 10 credit and one longer 50 credit project module. The hours allocated for a 20 credit module are a total of 200 hours, divided between taught and self-directed activity.
More information about the hours allocated to individual teaching activities can be provided on request.
Each module is directly linked to a portfolio module which supports the integration of theory and practice through the demonstration of achievement of recognised advanced practice competency outcomes"