American English SpeechOpen Learning Initiative
Cosa impari in questo corso?
Standard American English
You will learn to:
- Articulate sounds and words using the dialect of Standard American English.
- Listen and think in terms of symbols for sounds, using the International Phonetic Alphabet.
- Use the International Phonetic Alphabet to transcribe from the Roman alphabet into the forty-four sounds of Standard American Dialect and vice versa.
- Analyze texts for phrasing, operative words, intonational patterns, degrees of stress.
- Achieve a proper use of weak forms for certain parts of speech in the English Language, making your speech clear and efficient.