Aromatherapy Level 3Home Study Zone
£ 349 - (410 €)
Cosa impari in questo corso?
Skills and Training
The Aromatherapy Level 3 course will teach you the skills and controlled practice of using essential oils, for physical, emotional health and well-being.
Aromatherapy is a form of alternative medicine that uses unpredictable liquid plant materials, which is known as essential oils (EOs). And it is for psychological and physical well-being.
Aromatherapy is the therapeutic use of plant-derived, aromatic essential oils to promote physical and psychological well-being. It is sometimes used in combination with massage and other therapeutic techniques as part of a holistic treatment approach.
Module 1 : Introduction to Aromatherapy
- The history, philosophy and role of aromatherapy
- Introduction to aromatherapeutic terminology
- Methods of extraction and sourcing of essences and oils
Module 2 : Anatomy
- The physiological and psychological effects of aromatherapy massage
- The benefits of aromatherapy on different body systems
- Understanding how essential oils are absorbed by the body
Module 3 : Safety
- Recognising contra-actions that may result from treatment
- Understanding cautions that may restrict or prevent treatment
- The importance of working safely with aromatherapy oils
Module 4 : Blending
- Understanding chemical constituents of essences
- Dilution and blending techniques
- The uses, applications and origins of essences, fixed carrier oils and other media
Module 5 : The Treatment
- Consultation techniques
- Conducting professional aromatherapeutic treatments
- The characteristics of an appropriate consultation
- Aromatherapy techniques used in conjunction with reflexology treatments
- Professional codes of conduct
Module 6 : Aftercare and Reflection
- The effectiveness and results of aromatherapeutic treatments
- Reflective practice and its relevance to the aromatherapist
- The importance and role of maintaining treatment records