BSc Mathematics for IndustryAston University
Chiedi il prezzo
- Birmingham (Inghilterra)
Cosa impari in questo corso?
Skills and Training
This programme combines modules from mathematics, computing and engineering disciplines to provide you with better understanding of contemporary and advanced mathematical and computational techniques, and their practical application across a wide spectrum of industrial disciplines.
This innovative and industrially focused programme is designed to prepare you in solving technological problems using mathematical modelling techniques, and for the set of skills required for mathematically oriented positions in industry.
The programme was designed in consultation with our industrial partners, such that the theoretical and project work are set to encourage and enable you to develop essential technical and transferable skills, including team work, communication and presentation skills. These will give you a clear competitive edge in search for graduate employment.
In the first year of the courses, students study modules in three broad areas: Mathematics, Mathematical Computing and Information Technology.
- Academic Writing and Study Skills (AM10AS)
- Calculus and Ordinary Differential Equations (AM10CO)
- Mathematical Algorithms (AM10CP)
- Mathematical Modelling I
- Introduction to Matlab (AM10IM)
- Statistics and Probability (AM10SP)
- Transition Mathematics (AM10TM)
- Vector Algebra and Geometry (AM10VG)
- Mathematical Thinking (AM10MT)
The second year study of Mathematics puts more emphasis on advanced mathematical modules.
- Investigative Skills (AM20IS)
- Linear Mathematics (AM20LM)
- Multivariate Calculus (AM20MC)
- Vector Calculus (AM20VR)
- Numerical Methods I
- Mathematical Modelling II
- Java Programming Foundations
- Digital Signal Processing I
- Control Theory
- Project Management
See placement year section or find out more about the Aston placement year.
One of the following:
- EAS Study Placement Year (SEP001)
- EAS Industrial Placement Year (SEP002)
- Mathematical Modelling III
- Partial Differential Equations (AM30PD)
Plus modules to be chosen from the following (options are subject to revision):
- Financial Mathematics (AM30FT)
- Game Theory (AM30GT)
- Portfolio Analysis (AM30PT)
- Stochastic Processes (AM20SR)
- Statistical Pattern Analysis (AM20PA)
- Java Program Construction
- Information Theory
- Data Mining
- Thermodynamics and Fluids
- Nonlinear Dynamic and Chaos
- Time Series
- Digital Signal Processing II