Career Guidance (QCG) MACoventry University
£ 3.866 - (4.586 €)
- Scarborough (Inghilterra)
Cosa impari in questo corso?
Skills and Training
If you’d like to know more about our courses, tweet us with your questions! #AskCU— Coventry University (@covcampus) September 26, 2012 OVERVIEW
This course is offered as a PgDip or an MA (QCG Level 7) Level 6 Diploma.
The role of career guidance in our rapidly-changing economy and labour market has never been more important. The aim of this course is to provide you with opportunities to develop the relevant skills, knowledge and experience needed for offering career guidance. As well as providing you with a postgraduate qualification, the course is recognised and accredited by the Institute of Career Guidance.
This course is fully accredited by the Institute of Career Guidance, and successful completion of the Diploma also gives the QCG. We offer the MA for those who want complete a research project which will form the basis of a dissertation, we can also offer the Diploma on a more flexible basis for those wanting to combine work and study.
The course can be studied on a more flexible, distance/blended basis so that you can combine work and study. CPD opportunities are also available. Please contact the admissions team for more details.WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- You will be trained in the theory and practice of career guidance.
- The graduates from the course have an excellent track record of employment with career guidance providers.
- The course is fully accredited by the institute of career guidance, and successful completion of the Diploma also gives the QCG.
- It is a professionally-accredited course that is widely recognised by career guidance providers.
- We offer innovative and flexible learning to suit requirements, and particularly those who want to combine work and study.
- You have the opportunity to progress to Masters level.
- You will develop your interpersonal skills.
- Get the opportunity to work with a wide variety of different people and institutions.
- Gain experience in career planning.
- Extend your knowledge of employment, education and training.
The theory and practice of career guidance is central to the course, and you will have the opportunity to develop your interpersonal and professional skills by taking a placement in a school, college, further education or higher education institute, or a Connexions or Adult Guidance agency. The course is extremely well-connected to a wide variety of guidance providers as well as practitioners who are at the cutting edge of applied research.
- the framework for professional practice, including ethics and values,
- career guidance theory and policy, including theories of career choice and models of delivery,
- work-based learning, including input that will develop your professionalism in organisations,
- research methods (including evaluation) - a key way of ensuring the impact and relevance of the profession,
- working with clients and partnerships, including networking skills.