Coasts and Communities - UKnow, UMass BostonBlackboard
Cosa impari in questo corso?
Participants are introduced to fundamental concepts in coastal environmental science and learn how to collect and evaluate data to solve real-world local environmental problems, by focusing on the following topics:
- The Natural History of Your Place
- The Human History of Your Place
- How Healthy and Resilient is Your Environment?
- Global Change and Variation
- How Can We Scale from Local to Global to Local?
- How Can We Respond and Adapt to Changes?
Affiliated with the College of Science and Mathematics, the School for the Environment (SFE) is the University of Massachusetts Boston's premier interdisciplinary environmental school. SFE integrates the natural and social sciences to generate and apply new knowledge about the quality of our environment and the sustainable use of its resources. The research sites of our faculty and students range from local to global, from the health of the Boston Harbor to whale migration patterns in Antarctica.
Director, Green Harbors Project Deniz Bertuna
Graduate Research Assistant
School for the Environment Rrezarta Hyseni