Business TravelUNIVERSITÀ DELLA SVIZZERA ITALIANA
Chiedi il prezzo
- Mendrisio (Svizzera)
Cosa impari in questo corso?
The course comprises two modules:
- General Introduction to Business Travel (8 hrs)
- Business Events (20 hrs)
Which are the distinctions between individual Business Travel and group Business Events - also known as Business Tourism and MICE? Is corporate Business Travel an investment or a cost? Which are the common features of Business travel and Leisure tourism? How should Business Events be organized and what are their key success factors?
These are the questions to be answered within the scope of the course of Business Travel. Investigations of the phenomenon will start from the definition and general classifications of business travel, followed by an insight into specific forms of business events, such as conferences, exhibitions and incentives.
Within each sector of Business Travel - Meetings, Incentive Travel, Exhibitions, Corporate Hospitality and Individual Business Travel, we shall be investigating the principal stakeholders - buyers, suppliers and intermediaries, as well as current and anticipated trends. In addition, for each sector, the themes of technology, sustainability and ethical issues will be explored.
- to deepen students´ understanding of the present day conditions of functioning of the business travel market;
- to provide learners with the knowledge in the sphere of corporate and external business travel, to present diverse types of business meetings within the MICE sector (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, Events);
- to illustrate the roles of DMOs, convention bureaus, professional conference organizers and other industry stakeholders in Business Travel and Events;
- to develop and assess specific competencies, skills and techniques which ensure organizing of successful business events of different scale and purpose.
At the end of this course, participants should know and understand the key concepts, major definitions and classifications, fundamental principles and best practice examples in the area of business travel and tourism.