CICS V4 Command Level CodingDigi Academy
Chiedi il prezzo
Domande più frequenti
Students should have:
- Working knowledge of the underlying operating system platforms
- Basic knowledge of CICS fundamentals (as taught in CICS 4.1 Fundamentals (WM804) / (VM804))
- COBOL or PL/1 application development skills
- Basic knowledge of application design and programming
Cosa impari in questo corso?
Target del corso
This intermediate course is designed for application developers and analysts who design, code, and debug CICS command level applications.
Contenuti del corso
An updated version of this course is available. For more information, click CICS Command Level Coding (WM865G).
In this 5-day, intermediate-level, instructor-led course, students learn how to design, code, and debug command-level CICS application programs for e-business or traditional environments. This course applies to the entire family of CICS products.
The course begins with an overview of the CICS application programming environment and the design of CICS applications. Subsequent topics include debugging, working with CICS queues, front-end programming, basic mapping, and event processing. In addition, optional units introduce topics such as CICS Web applications and business transaction services.
Hands-on exercises in COBOL or PL/I enable students to build their experience with CICS programming. Skills addressed in the exercises include using the CDEF utility to perform debugging, linking CICS applications to outside applications, and writing sample programs.
This course is applicable to all releases of CICS TS V4.
For information on other related WebSphere courses, visit the WebSphere Education Training Paths Web site:
Contenuti dettagliati del corso
- Course introduction
- CICS application programming environment
- Designing CICS applications
- Exercise: Introducing Worldwide Books Online
- CICS command overview
- Exercise: Using CICS Explorer
- Exercise: Writing a pseudoconversational echo program
- Debugging CICS applications
- Exercise: Debugging applications using CEDF
- CICS basic mapping support
- Exercise: Writing the WB presentation program
- CICS program-to-program control
- Exercise: Completing the WB presentation program
- Exercise: Linking to a CICS program from outside CICS
- CICS data access
- Exercise: Completing the WB customer program
- CICS queues
- Exercise: Completing the WB order program
- Exercise: Enhancing the WB application (optional)
- CICS front-end programming
- Service flow and event processing
- Course summary
- Optional Unit: CICS Web applications
- Optional Unit: CICS Business Transaction Services
- Optional Unit: CICS Transaction Server for z/OS Version 4 Release 1