Configuring Windows 8.1 (MOC 20687)Gki Srl
Chiedi il prezzo
- In 2 sedi
Cosa impari in questo corso?
This course is intended for IT professionals who configure or support Windows 8 computers, devices, users and associated network and security resources. The networks with which these professionals typically work are configured as a single domain-based or peer-to-peer environment with access to the Internet and cloud services. The IT professional could be a consultant, full-time desktop support technician, or an IT generalist who administers Windows 8-based computers and devices as a portion of their broader technical responsibilities. The course is also intended for students who seek certification in the 70-687 Windows 8 Configuring exam.Obiettivi del Corso
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan and perform the installation of Windows 8.
- Install Windows 8 on computers that are running an existing operating system.
- Configure disks, partitions, volumes, and device drivers in a Windows 8 system.
- Configure network connectivity.
- Install, configure, and maintain wireless network connections.
- Implement Windows 8 technologies to secure network connections.
- Share files and printers.
- Implement tools and technologies that can help secure Windows 8 desktops.
- Configure and control applications in Windows 8.
- Optimize and maintain Windows 8 based computers.
- Configure mobile computer settings and to enable remote access.
- Create and configure virtual machines in Hyper-V for Windows 8 and describe how to use it to support legacy applications.
- Determine how to recover Windows 8 from various failures.
- Describe how to use Windows PowerShell to manage Windows 8.
This course provides students hands-on experience with Windows 8. It provides guidance on installing, upgrading, and licensing for Windows 8. Students will learn how to manage storage by creating simple, spanned, and striped volumes, and how to optimize file-system performance. Additionally, they will learn how to manage available disk space by using quotas. Students will work with Windows tools and services to determine the source of performance and reliability issues, and to troubleshoot these issues.
This course describes how to configure networking to include IPv4, IPv6, connect to wireless networks, and use the networking features included in Windows 8 to troubleshoot networking issues. Students will also learn preventive measures and tools that work together to protect their computers from security threats.
The course then covers the features related to file and folder management, which include setting permissions, file/folder compression, and configuring shared folders. Students will also learn about installing and managing printers. Additionally, the course provides an overview of the SkyDrive functionality, and describes the procedures to install and configure applications, including Windows Store apps.
The course also examines the fundamentals of working with virtual machines in the Client Hyper-V environment in Windows 8.
Students will learn about features such as Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) and DirectAccess, which provide mobile users access to internal resources when the users are out of the office.
Throughout the course, students will use Windows PowerShell 3.0, and its graphical user interface (GUI) to configure and manage the system. Students will also use the scripting editor to create and examine PowerShell scripts used to manage the system.Currently no training dates
Oggi gli architetti IT, i decision maker e i network managers si trovano ad affrontare una sempre più crescente varietà di nuove tecnologie, soluzioni e prodotti per l'informazione e le infrastrutture di comunicazione. Sviluppiamo soluzioni enterprise personalizzate ed economicamente efficaci che sfruttano al massimo il potenziale delle nuove tecnologie. Tutte le nostre soluzioni sono focalizzate su standard internazionali.