IBM Cognos BI Administration (V10.2)Digi Academy
Chiedi il prezzo
Domande più frequenti
This offering is intended for administrators with a knowledge of web application server architecture, security systems administration, and of their business requirements. They should also have experience using the Windows operating system and a web browser.
Cosa impari in questo corso?
Target del corso
This intermediate course is intended for Administrators.
Contenuti del corso
Course materials for this course are available in:
- Spanish (Latin America)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
The course image is available in English only.
IBM Cognos BI Administration (V10.2) is a three-day, instructor-led course that is designed to teach new administrators the fundamental tasks of administering servers and content in IBM Cognos BI. Through a combination of lectures and interactive exercises, students will install and configure the IBM Cognos BI software, implement security, and manage the server components. Students will also monitor and schedule tasks, create data sources, manage and deploy content, manage report content in IBM Cognos Connection.
Contenuti dettagliati del corso
Introduction to IBM Cognos BI Administration
- Describe the role of the Administrator in relation to the IBM Cognos BI administration workflow process.
- Describe the role of IBM Cognos Administration and IBM Cognos Configuration user interface components
- Identify features of the IBM Cognos BI architecture
- Examine Cognos BI servlets and services
- Identify an example of Cognos BI request processing
- Performance planning and installation options and configurations
- Examine the Cognos Application Firewall
- Perform a distributed installation and configuration of IBM Cognos BI
- Identify the IBM Cognos BI security model
- Define authentication and authorization in IBM Cognos BI.
- Identify security policies
- Secure administrative capabilities (access to functionality)
- Specify security settings after installation.
- Implement security in IBM Cognos Framework Manager and IBM Cognos Transformer
- Overview of administrative tasks that can be performed in IBM Cognos Administration
- Monitor system metrics
- Manage dispatchers and services
- Tune server performance
- Audit IBM Cognos BI
- Identify issues while troubleshooting the server environment
- Formulate the IBM Cognos BI backup strategy
- Manage current, past, and upcoming run activities
- Manage schedules
Manage Content in IBM Cognos Administration
- Add and manage a data source
- Distribute data and create a distribution list and contacts
- Deploy IBM Cognos BI content
- Maintain the IBM Cognos BI content store
- Customize the appearance of IBM Cognos BI
- Enable users to navigate to related data in IBM Cognos BI
- Parameter-driven drill through vs. dynamic drill through
- Steps to enable drill-through access for a package
- Limit the items that users can drill through from (set scope)
- Set a measure as the scope
- Drill Through Assistant
- Manage user profiles
- Add objects to the toolbox tab
- Create a custom template option
- Manage packages in IBM Cognos Connection
- Create roles
- Add members and define access permissions
- Set capabilities
- Create folders
- Define access to entries
- Create an export
- Create an import
IBM Cognos Map Manager (Optional)
Overview of IBM Cognos BI (Optional)IBM Cognos BI for Consumers (Optional)