IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 Implementation and AdministrationDigi Academy
Chiedi il prezzo
Domande più frequenti
Students should have Windows administration skills.
Cosa impari in questo corso?
Target del corso
This basic course is for system administrators and implementers who will be responsible for implementing an IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 solution.
Contenuti del corso
This course is the first of two five-day instructor-led courses for implementing, configuring and administering IBM Tivoli Storage Manager. In hands-on practice, you install the Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 server, backup-archive client, the Tivoli Integrated Portal, and Administration Center. After the product is installed, you configure the environment. You create and configure storage pool hierarchies and define policies to manage the flow of data from disk to disk or tape media. Lab exercises guide you through the steps to back up, restore, archive and retrieve client data. You also create schedules to run administrative and client processes and maintain your Tivoli Storage Manager environment to ensure recoverability. The Student Exercises are available for Windows and AIX, course IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 Implementation and Administration for AIX (TSX12G). The lecture material covers all supported Intel and UNIX platforms.
Students who need advanced administration skills should also take course IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 Advanced Administration, Tuning, Troubleshooting (TS622G).
Contenuti dettagliati del corso
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager overview
- Installing IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
- Administrative interfaces and privileges
- Managing storage pools and storage pool volumes
- Storage media devices
- Policy management
- Customizing the Tivoli Storage Manager database and recovery log
- Client configuration
- Backup-archive client functions
- Protecting the database and storage pools
- Automating operations
- Monitoring and event logging
- Appendix A: Additional product information
- Appendix B: Problem determination