Level 1 Award in Active Healthy Living QCFStudying in Malta
The Active IQ Award in Active, Healthy Living is a life-skills' qualification at level 1 on the Qualifications and Credit Framework. It is equivalent to GCSE grade D to G.
On completion of this qualification, learners will be able :
- To explain the links between activity, healthy living and improved health and demonstrate the opportunities within daily life to become more active.
- To act as an introduction to the underpinning principles of how the body works
- To provide an understanding of the links between activity and improved health
- To enable learners to prepare a personal activity log (PAL) for themselves that includes active daily living and more structured sessions e.g. classes, gym sessions etc
- To enable learners to demonstrate a basic knowledge of healthy living
- To encourage learners to gain confidence in the subject area and commence or progress their exercise and activity levels
- To act as an introduction to career pathways in the health and fitness industry