Master's Degree in Applied Linguistics: Teaching English to Speakers of Other LanguagesUniversità Politecnica delle Marche - FUNIBER
- Master I livello
- Stage / Tirocinio
- Campus online
- Invio di materiale didattico
- Servizio di consultazione
- Tutoraggio personalizzato
- Lezioni virtuali
Domande più frequenti
· Quali sono gli obiettivi del corso?
General Aims The overall objective of the programme TEFL is to provide a base for the development of the academic and professional skills required to teach English in any of the various teaching-learning contexts that exist. The aim thus being to complement professional practice with contemporary knowledge and insights, concerning the nature of foreign language learning and teaching, and to develop the perceptions, knowledge, resources and practical skills necessary to build on this theoretical base. The promotion of critical reflection is one of the aspects, which define the very nature of the project, and bridges the gap between a solid theoretical knowledge and its required practical application.
· A chi è diretto?
The programme leading to the Master is intended for: The programme aims to help practicing teachers, or those wishing to become teachers, address in an informed and principled way the issues and professional needs that relate to their own working environment. The type of training is thus developed to encourage the learner’s autonomy without losing sight of elements of constant but flexible interaction, tailored to the specific needs of teachers in professional development. Primary and secondary level English language teachers in public or private institutions. Teachers of EFL working in adult education. Graduates with relevant qualifications intending to work as English language teachers.
Academic requirements: BA Honours (4 years of university studies) Teaching experience: A minimum of one year's teaching experience in ELT at any type of institution or in private tuition, is recommended. Linguistic requirements (for non-native speakers of English): Cambridge FCE - grade A Cambridge CAE or CPE - any pass grade TOEFL PBT - a minimum of 550 out of 677 points is required. TOEFL CBT - a minimum of 230 out of 300 points is required. TOEFL iBT - a minimum of 79 out of 120 points is required. Michigan ECPE - a pass
Master's Degree, issued by "Universidad Europea del Atlántico" (Spain)
· In cosa si differenzia questo corso dagli altri?
Scholarships for Teacher's Education Area
Cosa impari in questo corso?
Insegnamento in presenza
Inglese per adulti
The programme has this structure:
1. Methodological approaches
2. Classroom management - techniques and reflections on practice
3. Second language acquisition
4. Individual factors in the learner's development
5. Approaches to Language in the Classroom Context
6. Materials and resources in EFL - design, creation, adaptation and evaluation
1. Developing Language Skills in the Classroom 4 ECTS
2. English in the Community 4 ECTS
3. Teaching Pronunciation 4 ECTS
4. Content & Language Integrated Learning 4 ECTS
5. Curriculum and Course Design-Principles and Practice 4 ECTS
6. Observation and Research in the Language Classroom 4 ECTS
7. Assessment and Testing in the Classroom 4 ECTS
8. Computer Assisted Language Learning 4 ECTS
9. Teaching English through Translation 4 ECTS
10. Task and Projects 4 ECTS
11. Learning Strategies 4 ECTS
PRACTICUM 6 ECTS
FINAL PROJECT 10 ECTS
Total: 60 ECTS