MERIT - Master of Science in Research on Information and Communication TechnologiesUniversitat Politècnica de Catalunya. Masters Erasmus Mundus
- Master II livello
- Barcelona (Spagna)
- Crediti: 120
Domande più frequenti
Bachelor degree preferably in electrical or telecommunication engineering or similar. In the Bachelor degree the following course contents must have been successfully passed: Probability Theory, Complex Analysis and Integral Transformations, Linear Circuits and Networks, Electronic Circuits, Fields and Waves, Basic Laboratory in Electronic Circuits and Digital Circuits, Analog and Digital Communications. English skills: Minimum MERIT score 3.
Da migliorare I liked everything
Consiglieresti questo corso? Sí.
Cosa impari in questo corso?
Remote Sensing and Photonics
Wireless and Optical Communication Systems and Networks
Multimedia Signal Processing
Microwaves and RF Circuits and Systems
Antennas and EM modelling
Remote Sensing and Imaging
Wireless Communication Systems
Wireless Network Management
Optical Communication Systems and Networks
The names of the universities that offer the AoKs and specialization tracks can be found between brackets. A fundamental part of the master programme is the mobility plan (studying in two different countries).
Therefore, it is important to make sure that the two universities, where the student wishes to study the MERIT Master both offer the AoK and the specialization track of the students' interest.
- Microwave, Antennas, Remote Sensing and Photonics (UPC, KTH, PdT, KIT, UCL)
- Wireless and Optical Communication Systems and Networks (UPC, KTH, PdT, KIT, UCL)
- Multimedia Signal Processing (UPC, KTH, UCL)
- Microwaves and RF Circuits and Systems (UPC, PdT, UCL)
- Antennas and EM modelling (UPC, PdT, KIT)
- Remote Sensing and Imaging (UPC, KIT)
- Photonics (KTH, KIT)
- Information Transmission and Wireless Communication Systems (UPC, KTH, UCL)
- Wireless Network Management (KTH, PdT)
- Optical Communication Systems and Networks (UPC, PdT, KIT)
- Multimedia Signal Processing (UPC, UCL, KTH)
The courses offered within MERIT can be classified according to the nature of the knowledge they provide as:
- Core Courses: They provide the fundamentals in electromagnetism, signal processing, communications and information theory required within each AoK.
- Concentration Courses: They are oriented towards the specialization tracks in speech and image processing, optical communications, wireless communications, digital communications, photonics, remote sensing, microwave circuits and antennas.
- Transversal Courses: They aim at: (i) developing skills and competences inherent to research such as scientific communication, bibliographical research, technological assets management, project management and innovation skills; (ii) learning the local language and acquiring a general knowledge of the local culture; (iii) understanding the impact of technology on society and developing individual judgement and ethical responsibility.
The master is a 120 ECTS programme of which 30 ECTS correspond to the master thesis. A minimum of 66 ECTS are core and concentration topics and a maximum of 24 ECTS are transversal subjects. It is advisable that the student completes 24 ECTS from core courses, 48 ECTS from concentration courses, and 18 ECTS from transversal courses.
In order for the student to be able to move on to the second year university it is mandatory to pass a minimum of 48 ECTS.
Language of instruction is English: All subjects will be lectured in English, and teaching material from all courses is in English.
Successi del Centro
Application for Category B Scholarships: January 15
Selection meeting: January
Notification of the pre-selection lists: February 15
Final decision from EACEA: April 30
Application without Scholarship: April 30
Courses will start on: October