MOC55004 Installing and Configuring System Center 2012 Operations ManagerOvernet Education
Al termine del corso gli studenti saranno in grado di:
Module 1: Overview of System Center 2012 Operations Manager
This module gives the student a high-level view of System Center 2012 Operations Manager. Students new to the value of SCOM will learn about its benefits. Students familiar with SCOM 2007 will also benefit with an introductory look at the changes manifested in SCOM 2012.Lessons
- Operations Manager Introduction and Basic Concepts
- What’s new In Operations Manager?
- System Requirements
Lab 1: Click here to enter text.
- Click here to enter text.
- Understand the purposes of System Center Operations Manager.
- Note the changes from Operations Manager 2007 to 2012 Operations Manager.
- Identify the System Requirements for 2012 Operations Manager.
This module explains how Active Directory and SQL Server 2008 R2 integrate with and support System Center 2012 Operations Manager. In addition this module allows students the opportunity to plan deployment of SCOM and do a SCOM install in a virtual environment which simulates what is often seen in today’s enterprises.Lessons
- Active Directory Integration
- SQL Server Configuration
- Security Considerations
- Operations Manager Deployment Planning
- Installing System Center 2012 Operations Manager
Lab 1: Installing Operations Manager
- Check requirements and install pre-requisites
- Install Operations Manager
- Create Active Directory objects required for Operations Manager.
- Configure connectivity between SQL Server 2008 R2 and Operations Manager.
- Create SQL databases required by Operations Manager.
- Plan an Operations Manager Deployment.
- Install Operations Manager 2012.
This module introduces students to the System Center 2012 Operations Manager Console and Web Console. Each workspace will be accessed and students will see how changes in security settings affect the available workspaces and views. In addition the capabilities of the Web Console will be covered.Lessons
- Operations Console
- Customizing the Operations Console
- Securing the Operations Manager Console
Lab 1: Creating Users and Customizing Views
- Create new user roles
- Create and Test Views and Rights for the new User Roles
- Navigate the Operations Manager console
- Modify the views of the Operations Manager console based on job requirements.
- Secure the Operations Manager console considering the ‘Principle of Least Privilege’.
- Understand the changes to the Operations Manager Web Console.
This module covers the creation and value of Management Groups. In addition Resource Pools will be demonstrated as a way to provide for high availability. Applying Global Management Group settings and Management Server specific settings used to override Global settings can allow for more customized System Center 2012 Operations Manager deployments. Finally Notifications will be used to ensure that those information technology professionals tasked with maintaining the enterprise systems have real time access to anomalous conditions.Lessons
- Configuring Global Management Group Settings
- Overriding Global Management Group Settings
Lab 1: Creating Subscription Notifications
- Create Subscription Notifications
- Configure global management group settings.
- Override the global management group settings.
- Configure notifications and subscriptions.
- Connect other management groups and access them from a single console.
This module explains the prerequisites for installing Agents on systems to be managed and the settings which allow Agents to report on and make changes to these systems. Students will learn about different methods for deploying Agents and the preferred methods based on different scenarios.Lessons
- Automatic Agent Assignment Prerequisites
- Agent Installation Methods
- Managing Agent Settings
Lab 1: Manual Agent Install and Approval
- Set the options for responding to manual agent installations.
- Manually install an agent.
- Approve the new agent.
- Create the requirements for automatic agent assignment.
- Configure various agent installation methods.
- Manage agent configuration.
This module explains how Management Packs can be used to more granularly monitor events throughout the organization. Learning to import, export and author of Management Packs will improve the student’s ability to fully utilize the capabilities of System Center 2012 Operations Manager.Lessons
- Overview of Management Packs
- Pre-Installed Management Packs
- Importing and Exporting Management Packs
- Sealing a Management Pack
Lab 1: Management Pack Administration
- Gather a list of management packs.
- Export the Management Packs and simulate complete loss.
- Understand the parts of a Management Pack and how Operations Manager uses each part.
- Know the management packs that come with Operations Manager and their purposes.
- Import management packs from third party sources and export management packs to other management groups.
- Create management packs for internal use.
This module explains how to utilize System Center 2012 Operations Manager for its core purpose, monitoring systems. Unit monitors, aggregate rollup monitors and dependency rollup monitors will be covered. Also included are the many new network monitoring features.Lessons
- Finding and Organizing Objects
- Monitors and Rules
- Network Monitoring
Lab 1: Creating Monitors
- Create and Test a Service Monitor
- Create and Test a Correlated Missing Event Monitor
Lab 2: Create and Manage Tasks
- Create a Task
- Create and Test a Run As Profile
- Complete discovery of objects in various methods.
- Organize discovered objects into groups.
- Create and use the different types of monitors and rules.
- Monitor network devices.
For systems which do not, or cannot have, agents installed, this module explains how to use Agentless Monitoring to gather basic information. For access to crash information and related Windows Error Reporting data students will work with Agentless Exception Monitoring.Lessons
- Agentless Monitoring
- Agentless Exception Monitoring
- Agentless Exception Monitoring Client Configuration
Lab 1: Configuring Agentless Exception Monitoring
- Configure the Collector
- Configure Group Policy
- Test and Modify the AEM Settings
- Create a proxy for agentless monitoring.
- Configure a computer for agentless monitoring.
- Configure an Agentless Exception Monitoring collector.
- Configure clients which generate error reports to send them to the collector.
This module explains how to use SQL Reporting Services and System Center 2012 Operations Manager Reporting to create reports either on demand or in a scheduled approach.Lessons
- Installing SQL Server Reporting Services
- Installing Operations Manager Reporting
- Viewing Reports and Creating Custom Reports
Lab 1: Install Operations Manager Reporting and Create Custom Reports
- Install Operations Manager Reporting
- Create a model
- Create a Custom Report
- Install SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Install Operations Manager Reporting.
- Create, View and Customize reports.
This module explains how Audit Collection Services allows for overall improvement in information security by gathering, filtering, analyzing and reporting on security log information from throughout the organization. The module also covers how ACS can be used in a non-homogeneous environment.Lessons
- Overview of Audit Collection Services
- Installing Audit Collection Services
- ACS on non-Windows Systems
Lab 1: Configuring Forwarders and Audit Policies
- Enable Forwarders
- Create and Configure a Group Policy Object for Auditing
Lab 2: Install and Configure ACS Reporting
- Install Audit Collection Services
- Test ACS Reporting
- Install Audit Collection Services.
- Set systems to forward and collect ACS data.
- Audit non-Windows systems.
This module introduces the concept of Management Pack Templates to create complete monitoring solutions. Using these methods monitoring moves outside the realm of agents installed on systems to external confirmation of access and performance.Lessons
- Introduction to Management Pack Templates
- Monitoring Scenarios Using Management Pack Templates
Lab 1: Management Pack Templates
- Enable Remote Desktop on SQL and Create the Run As account
- Create the Synthetic Transactions
- Simulate Failure of Connectivity to the SQL Server Remote Desktop Connection
- Understand the types of Management Pack Templates included with Operations Manager.
- Create monitoring solutions which mimic actual user activities.
This module explains how to use the power of Distributed Applications to monitor not just a system, but rather all of the infrastructure components necessary for Line of Business applications to function reliably. Students will see a big picture view of how applications, systems and network devices work together to insure consistent behavior.Lessons
- Distributed Applications Overview
- Design and Creation of Distributed Applications
Lab 1: Create a Distributed Application
- Convert SQL to Agent Managed
- Create a Distributed Application
- View and Test the Distributed Application
- View and manage the parts of a distributed application.
- Create and navigate the components a distributed application.
This module explains how to use multihoming to allow systems to be managed by more than one Management Group. The benefits and potential issues related to multihoming will also be discussed. In addition the module covers how to gather information from other untrusted environments via Gateway Servers.Lessons
- Connecting Management Groups
- Multihomed Agents
- Gateway Servers and Untrusted Environments
Lab 1: Connecting Management Groups
- Update the Operations Manager Infrastructure to Update Rollup 2 (UR2)
- Connect the Management Groups
- Configure and Test the Connection
- Connect multiple management groups.
- Configure an agent to report to multiple management groups.
- Configure monitoring of untrusted environments.
- Connect third party management tools to Operations Manager.
This module enables students to plan, perform and secure backups of System Center 2012 Operations Manager information. Database backups, although not necessarily directly backed up by System Center 2012 Operations Manager methods, will be touched upon. Finally students will learn best practices for recovery from SCOM failures.Lessons
- Backup Overview and Planning
- Configuring and Performing Backups
- Recovery Planning
Lab 1: Backup and Restore Custom Reports
- Backup and Restore Custom Reports
- Design a backup strategy for the different areas of Operations Manager.
- Create a backup.
- Design an efficient recovery methodology.
- Install Operations Manager 2012 and configure global and Management Server specific settings.
- Utilize Resource Pools for high availability.
- Navigate the Operations Manager Console and Web Console.
- Perform both automated and manual agent installation on managed systems.
- Import and export management packs.
- Configure Rules, Events, Monitors and Tasks.
- Configure Reporting and create reports.
- Monitor workstations and servers using Agentless Monitoring and Agentless Exception Monitoring.
- Configure and manage Audit Collection Services.
- Create Synthetic Transactions.
- Create Distributed Applications.
- Multi-home an agent.
- Configure a Gateway server for monitoring untrusted environments.
- Configure communication between management groups.
- Migrate from Operations Manager 2007 to 2012 Operations Manager.
Ad ogni partecipante sarà fonito il manuale ufficiale Microsoft