Symmetrix VMAX Business Continuity Management (MR-1CP-SYMBCMGMT)Gki Srl
Chiedi il prezzo
- In 2 sedi
Cosa impari in questo corso?
This course is intended for EMC personnel, customers and partners who will be involved in:
- Architecting and managing Symmetrix-based local and remote replication solutions for business continuity, using TimeFinder, SRDF and Open Replicator products.
- Implementing Symmetrix-based local and remote replication solutions for business continuity, using TimeFinder, SRDF and Open Replicator products.
To understand the content and successfully complete this course, a student must have a suitable knowledgebase/skill set with the following.
- Windows and/or Unix operating systems; ability to utilize host based GU and/or command line interfaces to perform all hands-on labs
- Symmetrix architecture, concepts and theory of operations
- TimeFinder, SRDF and Open Replicator for Symmetrix fundamentals
A list of specific prerequisite courses can be found in EMC Education Services Learning Management System.Obiettivi del Corso
This course provides the knowledge required for architecting, deploying and managing Symmetrix-based local and remote replication solutions for business continuity needs. Operational details and implementation considerations for EMC TimeFinder, SRDF and Open Replicator are covered in detail. Hands-on lab exercises using Symmetrix Command Line Interface (SYMCLI) provide the opportunity to learn and validate the material covered in the lectures. Lab exercises will be performed on Open Systems hosts (IBM/AIX, HP-UX, Sun Solaris with Veritas Volume Manager and Windows 2003) attached to Symmetrix VMax series arrays with Enginuity 5874, via switched fabrics. An overview of managing the replication environment using the graphical user interface (GUI), Symmetrix Management Console (SMC) is also covered.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the need for and concepts of Business Continuity solutions
- Describe the theory of operations of TimeFinder/Clone and TimeFinder/Snap solutions, for Local Replication
- Use the SYMCLI command set to perform TimeFinder/Clone and TimeFinder/Snap operations
- Describe and perform SRDF operations in Synchronous (SRDF/S) and Asynchronous (SRDF/A) modes, for Remote Replication
- Describe and perform SRDF/Automated Replication (SRDF/AR) operations in a single-hop configuration
- Describe the operational details of Open Replicator for Symmetrix (ORS)
- Perform ORS data replication in Hot/Cold, Push and Pull scenarios
- Describe EMC Consistency Technology for Local and Remote Replication
- Describe host considerations when using TimeFinder and SRDF solutions
- Describe the use of Symmetrix Management Console (SMC) to perform Local and Remote replication operations
These modules are designed to support the course objectives. The following modules are included in this course:
- Introduction to Business Continuity
- TimeFinder/Clone Operations
- TimeFinder/Snap Operations
- SRDF/S Operations
- SRDF/A Operations
- SRDF/AR (single-hop)
- ORS Operational Details
- Zoning and non-Symmetrix Array support for ORS
- EMC Consistency Technology for Replication Solutions
- Host considerations when using EMC Replication Technologies
- Symmetrix Management Console (SMC) for Performing Replication Operations
Labs reinforce the information taught. They are available on SUN using Veritas Volume Manager, IBM using AIX, HP using HP-UX, and Windows 2003. The labs for this course include:
- TimeFinder/Clone operations
- TimeFinder/Snap operations
- SRDF/S setup, disaster recovery and decision support operations
- SRDF/A setup, Dynamic SRDF, Concurrent SRDF and SRDF/A Multi-session consistency
- SRDF/AR single-hop operations
- Open Replicator setup, Hot/Cold, Push and Pull operations
- Open Replicator Cold Push to non-Symmetrix Array
Assessments validate that you have learned the knowledge or skills presented during a learning experience. The successful completion of the hands-on lab exercises is the metric used to validate what you have learned.Currently no training dates
Oggi gli architetti IT, i decision maker e i network managers si trovano ad affrontare una sempre più crescente varietà di nuove tecnologie, soluzioni e prodotti per l'informazione e le infrastrutture di comunicazione. Sviluppiamo soluzioni enterprise personalizzate ed economicamente efficaci che sfruttano al massimo il potenziale delle nuove tecnologie. Tutte le nostre soluzioni sono focalizzate su standard internazionali.