Technical writing in EnglishI.T. Ingegneria dei Trasporti S.r.l.
Chiedi il prezzo
Domande più frequenti
· Advanced written English · Good familiarity with word processing (ideally, the course “Preparazione di documenti tecnici”).
Learn to present your ideas and research clearly, intelligibly, and attractively.
The course, which can be tailored to individual needs, can take several forms, e.g.:
· a three-hour introductory class in the form of lecture with questions/discussion plus an hour’s tutorial per student devoted to student’s writing sample
· a university-style course for several students, two hours a week for two months.
· tutorial only (one or two students), in which the topics are covered as they come up in reviewing the student’s writing together.CONTENTS
The contents of the course can be adjusted for specific needs and levels, but in general it will include:
· Outlining your work and assembling the parts;
· Aiming for clarity;
· Punctuation and other editorial matters;
· Rereading, rereading, rereading and rewriting, rewriting, rewriting;
· Recognizing the more subtle differences between English and Italian;
· Working with editors and translators;
· Documenting your work (notes and bibliography).
In addition, there will be an opportunity to work directly with the instructor on rewriting a sample of text you have written.