Cyber Security MScAnglia Ruskin University
£ 6.100 - (7.168 €)
- Chelmsford (Inghilterra)
Cosa impari in questo corso?
Skills and Training
Advanced Network Security Principles
- Computer NetworksWorking with industry based standards and devices you’ll learn the fundamental networking concepts required by skilled IT professionals. You’ll identify the communication model and the protocols associated in each layer while focusing on Local Area Networks and the role of routers and switches. You’ll cover the OSI model, the TCP/IP protocol suite, IPv4 and IPv6 addressing schemes, and router and switch configuration. You’ll learn practical skills as well as theory as you spend time in the labs solving real-life scenario and critically evaluating possible solutions.
- Operating Systems and VirtualisationRather than working with a specific operating system, such as Windows and/or Linux, you’ll work with the generalities of modern operating systems through theory and practice. This means you’ll identify the role of the operating system when dealing with a security breach within the organisation, regardless of the type of environment where the operating system has been deployed.
- Secure SystemsTraditionally, information security has been poorly understood and rarely integrated into system design. With the growth of high bandwidth internet, eCommerce, eBusiness and Virtual Private Networks, security has become a centre-stage issue. However, organisations and businesses find themselves missing the necessary skills and knowledge, especially of the wider security picture, that is needed to develop effective security strategies. Raise your awareness of the overarching IT security issues faced by business today, and equip yourself with the necessary understanding to fulfil management responsibilities in information security strategies.
- Research MethodsGain the support and foundations in the research skills for your Master’s level dissertation. You’ll investigate generic research activities, including project management and dissertation preparation.
- Advanced Network Security PrinciplesGain an introduction to current best practices in network security and the skills you'll need for the installation, troubleshooting and monitoring of network devices to maintain the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of data and devices.
- Penetration TestingPenetration testers simulate cyber-attacks to find security weaknesses in networks, operating systems, and applications. You’ll gain hands-on experience using different tools and techniques for penetration testing by working in our specialised lab, which is already equipped with tools such as Kali LInux, Wireshark, Nmap and Burp Suite.
- Major Project
We’ll asses your knowledge and understanding through a case study in which you’ll design, implement and test the security strategy of an organisation. You’ll also complete in-class tests, written assignments, software projects and presentations as part of the course.
UK & EU students, 2016/17 (per year) £6,100 International students, 2016/17 (per year) £11,700