Digital Marketing BA (Hons)Coventry University
£ 9.000 - (10.606 €)
- Bachelor's degree
- Scarborough (Inghilterra)
Cosa impari in questo corso?
Skills and Training
Want to know more about our courses and life at the University? Why not tweet us #AskCU and find out!— Coventry University (@covcampus) February 9, 2015 OVERVIEW
This Digital Marketing course runs in 2016/17.
Do you use social media, blogs and websites to follow your favourite brands? Ever wondered how the viral adverts seem uncannily relevant to your needs or how companies score high hit rates on search engines? Social media has completely transformed marketing, affecting each and every area of industry, evolving numerous exciting career opportunities for creative and talented graduates.
Our course focuses on the development of practical digital marketing skills and combines the key aspects of marketing, communications and technology in a unique and applied way to give you a real insight to the dynamic world of 21st century business. You will have the opportunity to explore brand and corporate communications, consumer psychology and global marketing alongside website design, analytics and social media marketing helping to prepare you for an exciting and rewarding career.
If you choose this course you will benefit from:
- accreditation from the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) and the opportunity to complete the CIM Professional Diploma in Marketing (subject to approval);
- applying your knowledge in a state-of-the-art Digital Marketing Lab, equipped with the latest
- excellent teaching by experienced lecturers who are research active, publish in top national and international journals and incorporate this into their teaching;
- the opportunity to apply for a company internship in which you will apply the theoretical knowledge of digital marketing to a real life project. Previous placements on similar marketing courses have included such companies as IBM, Microsoft, Hewlett Packard, Procter and Gamble, L’Oreal, Warner Brothers, 3M, BMW, Disney, Rolls Royce and Peugeot;
- field trips to advertising agencies and exhibitions such as the Digital Marketing Show and guests talks from academic and industry experts;
- the opportunity to participate in international visits such as Study China and the Marco Polo programme;
- studying at a Business School which is a member of the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) and the Association of Business Schools (ABS).
European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD)
Accreditations and memberships shall be renewed in accordance with the relevant bodies’ standard review process and subject to the University maintaining the same high standards of course delivery.WHAT WILL I LEARN?
This course combines marketing, social media and digital technology to give you a comprehensive understanding of how marketing operates in today’s digital world. The course covers the following core themes:
Marketing: You will study topics such as consumer behaviour, brand communications and strategy as well as specialist options such as creative advertising development and campaign management.
Communications: You will study concepts such as stakeholder communications and communications analysis techniques to support your digital marketing practices.
Digital Marketing: You will study topics such as website design and development, web analytics and social media integration, creating and implementing digital marketing campaigns, as well as developing your copywriting and blogging skills.
Research: this forms an important part of your degree, giving you skills in primary and secondary research, which you will put into practice by undertaking an independent and in-depth study of a digital marketing topic of your choice. This will form the basis of your final year dissertation.HOW WILL THIS COURSE BE TAUGHT?
Your course will be based on a series of lectures, guest talks from relevant industry professionals, and associated seminars, practical workshop classes and personal tutorials. You will also be allocated your own academic personal tutor who will meet you regularly to discuss your progress and guide you on a range of matters.HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
An estimated percentage breakdown of how your final grade is assessed will vary each year from 75% coursework and 25% exams in the first year to 67% coursework and 33% exams in your final year.
A compulsory Add+vantage module must also be completed: please see the page on the Add+vantage scheme for more details.TEACHING CONTACT HOURS
In a typical week you will have up to 14 contact hours of teaching and this will break down as:
Personal tutorial/small group teaching: 2 hours of tutorials each week
Medium group teaching: 8 hours of practical classes, workshops or seminars each week
Large group teaching: 4 hours of lectures each week
Personal study: 22–24 hours each week reading, studying and revising in your own time"