Enabling Others Professional DevelopmentCoventry University
Chiedi il prezzo
- Vocational qualification
- Scarborough (Inghilterra)
Cosa impari in questo corso?
Helping others to achieve their potential can be a deeply rewarding aspect of the caring professions. The Enabling Others course is designed for social workers and other care professionals who will be undertaking responsibility for the practice learning and assessment of a student on a higher education qualifying course in one of the care professions.WHAT WILL I LEARN?
The course aims to prepare you to act as an enabler of others’ learning by developing knowledge of theories, concepts and processes of practice education in the context of an explicit value base.
You will organise opportunities for the demonstration of assessed competence in practice and enable learning and professional development in practice. In addition, you will also manage the assessment of learners in practice and mentor and support learners and colleagues in contemporary care settings.
Topics covered include:
- Overview of relevant national requirements shaping learning programmes,
- the core values of social care and social work and the implication of these values in relation to learning and assessment processes,
- adult learning theory and its application to student learning and assessment opportunities and processes,
- the organisation and planning of learning opportunities,
- enabling learning and professional development: effective learning agreements and reviews, role clarification, managing the learning process,
- assessment of learners in practice: principles and processes of assessment.