Extreme Weather 101Udemy
Cosa impari in questo corso?
Hurricanes, droughts, tornadoes, snowstorms, flooding…extreme weather can happen at any time, anywhere and it affects all of us. In 2014, the United States experienced eight weather and climate disasters with losses exceeding one billion dollars each, including drought in the West, five severe storm events, flooding in Michigan and the Northeast, and a winter storm that affected the Midwest, Northeast and Southeast.
In this course, you will learn "the basics" about extreme weather and climate change. Through videos, quizzes and toolkits with tips and links to trusted resources, you will learn more about:
- how scientists know the climate is changing and how climate change impacts extreme weather;
- national and regional extreme weather trends in the United States over various time scales;
- projected changes in extreme weather in the United States;
- the health and environmental impacts of extreme weather and climate change;
- how to prepare yourself and your family for the impacts of extreme weather and climate change.
- All you need is an interest in weather and climate!
- Over 25 lectures and 1 hour of content!
- By the end of this course, you will understand the relationship between climate change and extreme weather.
- You will be able to describe historical weather trends and projections for the future.
- You will have access to tips and tools to help you prepare for extreme weather events that may occur where you live.
- This course is for anyone interested in learning "the basics" about extreme weather, climate change and preparedness.