Foundations in Neonatal Nursing 332CPDCoventry University
Chiedi il prezzo
- Foundation degree
- Scarborough (Inghilterra)
Cosa impari in questo corso?
Anatomy and Physiology
Basic IT training
Skills and Training
Skills and Training
This module aims to enable registered nurses or midwives to explore a holistic approach to family centred care. The main objective of the module is to address a range of aspects underpinning the basic skills of neonatal care, such as anatomy, physiology, values and attitudes.WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
• This module provides students with the opportunity to gain valuable and up-to-date foundation knowledge within the field of neonatal nursing.
• Students will experience placements in neonatal units and will also have the exciting opportunity to visit midwifery in community settings.
• This module offers the opportunity for students to gather evidence towards the achievement of the NHS Knowledge and Skills Framework core and specific dimensions HWB 1 – 10, 1K 1-3 and G1
Visit our Health Psychology blog.
• Factors that can affect prenatal and neonatal mortality and morbidity.
• Anatomical and physiological principles related to neonatal care.
• An understanding of the impact and the consequences upon a family that has experienced having a baby in a neonatal unit.
• The role and responsibilities of the neonatal nurse within the multi-professional team.
• Key neonatal nursing skills.
This module will be delivered through a range of teaching and learning methods, focusing mainly on the needs of students. The exact balance of strategies can be negotiated between the module leader and the student at the commencement of the module.HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
Test: One hour/ Multiple Choice Question (50% of module mark)
Coursework 1: 2000 word Literature review (50% of module mark)
Coursework 2: Achievement of identified neonatal nursing skills in competence logbook
Guided student activity – 30 hours
Self-guided student activity – 170 hours
Total activity – 200 hours