Global Entrepreneurship MACoventry University
£ 9.602 - (11.063 €)
- Scarborough (Inghilterra)
Cosa impari in questo corso?
Skills and Training
If you’d like to know more about our courses, tweet us with your questions! #AskCU— Coventry University (@covcampus) September 26, 2012 OVERVIEW
Run by the International Centre for Transformational Entrepreneurship (ICTE), this unique course aims to support dynamic and sustainable start-ups, which might have the potential to grow within a global environment. This MA is intended for self-motivated students who can embed entrepreneurship principles into their own lives. It’s open to recent graduates, potential entrepreneurs, and entrepreneurs already in business or employed by a larger organisation wishing to set up a new entrepreneurial project. It’s been specifically designed to equip students with knowledge and skills to start or grow a globally competitive business or project within a larger business.WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
This course offers a balance between academic theory and practical application of key entrepreneurial and management concepts to give you the skills and confidence to build a new business or further develop existing businesses. The course also provides you with the core skills needed by large, medium and small size businesses.
- The programme prepares students for a range of career options. This may be starting a business, growing a business or consulting on optimisation.
- It’s structured to provide insights into entrepreneurial opportunities, while also providing core management skills and knowledge.
- The students are international and culturally diverse. This provides an excellent opportunity to build a strong international network.
- The teaching staff is drawn from a range of international backgrounds, industry sectors and disciplines.
If you choose this course you will:
- develop core competencies: analysis; synthesis; decision-making and to apply these to complex new opportunities;
- gain a critical understanding of market development and market management;
- relate to the context in which you operate and apply new technologies and techniques to solve present and future problems;
- undertake critical analysis and ethical evaluation related to new situations and opportunities;
- develop effectiveness as active, accountable and self-directed practitioners, able to research, plan and manage an enterprise;
- develop critical awareness of information systems and their impact upon enterprise management;
- be able to enhance employability and career development through continuing professional development;
- evaluate sustainability in a competitive local, national and international environment.
This course offers a balance between academic theory and practical application. There are three levels:
Certificate level: provides a sound grasp of concepts and theories that underpin entrepreneurship. It provides the techniques to create an entrepreneurial venture.
The modules are:
- Creating a Personal Entrepreneurial Framework;
- Leadership and Managing in an Entrepreneurial Way;
- Opportunity Recognition, exploration and Exploitation;
Diploma level: challenges you to create a viable strategy for growth. You will consider the enterprise in the wider socio-economic context and apply your knowledge to a range of complex situations.
The modules are:
- Strategic Entrepreneurship;
- Profitability and Financial Performance;
- Human Resource Development in a Global Context;
- Marketing for Entrepreneurs.
Masters level: requires you to produce a substantial piece of research, drawing upon your knowledge, experience and published research to investigate new or alternative approaches to practice in the field of study identified.
There is one only one module:
- Research Methodology and Entrepreneurship Dissertation.
This programme will be delivered in full-time mode. Each module will be delivered in a blended learning approach, which incorporates the use of well established online learning resources and informed and interactive participative teaching methodologies. The programme is structured around three full day face-to-face teaching sessions per module, plus subsequent workshops and seminars. Each module is worth 15 credits, plus a dissertation of 60 credits.
Assessment of the 15 credit modules is through coursework only and will be at or soon after the end of each six week teaching block. This one-year full-time programme is campus-based."