Head Start (Paramedics) - University of CumbriaBlackboard
Cosa impari in questo corso?
Students who are about to start an undergraduate programme of study often have apprehensions about what tutors will expect of them and their ability to cope with this level of work generally.
Usually students will have studied at lower levels before; although for some it will be a while since any formal academic study has taken place.
Therefore regardless of your previous experience, the 'Head Start' programme will enable you to review and develop the necessary academic skills you will require to successfully complete your qualification.
This course is designed as a set of self-study modules:
- Learning Styles – understanding how you best approach your learning, organise your time and make the most of the lectures / resources made available to you.
- Writing in Higher Education – Reflective writing, critical thinking and understanding the essay question.
- Referencing Explained – including referencing examples and the difference between paraphrasing & plagiarism.
- Information Literacy – finding the right kind of information for your academic work and understanding why “Not all information is equal”.
There is also a Final Quiz, information about where to find study support and a Feedback Survey to be completed.
You are encouraged to practice each skill; as you progress through the course.
This is not a PASS / FAIL course, but an opportunity for you to develop and improve your academic skills.
By the end of the "Head Start" programme, you should be able to:
- Understand the importance of a critical approach to thinking, reading and writing in all aspects of academic study
- Access and evaluate high-quality information
- Plan and structure your writing effectively
- Adopt an effective approach to your writing
- Reference sources accurately and systematically both in-text and in the reference list