Hotel ManagementADL - Academy for Distance Learning
£ 325 - (381 €)
- A distanza
- 100 ore di studio
Cosa impari in questo corso?
Basic IT training
Skills and Training
Course Code: BTR202
Duration: 100 hours
Start: Anytime- from anywhere in the world!
Choose mode of Delivery: CD-ROM, online or correspondence (paper based)
Develop your ability to manage hotels effectively. A broad based and basic training to work in hospitality, accommodation, hotels, motels or resorts. A popular and substantial starting point for anyone in the hotel industry, at 100 hrs duration.
DO YOU WANT TO BE A LEADER IN HOTEL MANAGEMENT?
you will learn about all aspects of managing a hotel and the sections within it. Discover how to organize staff to work efficiently and effectively as a team. Learn about managing areas such as foodservice, front desk, building & maintenance, servicing rooms, activities and staff. This is a very solid and worthwhile course for anyone in the hotel industry.
WANT THE OPPORTUNITY TO WORK ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD?
Resorts, hotels and motels around the world require a large pool of hotel management and hospitality staff. Tourism is a massive industry that provides significant career opportunities. This course will teach you all about managing hotels and sections within a hotel. Hotel management provides and interesting and challenging career where you have the opportunity to stay at the one place or work in a variety of places within or outside your own country
This is broad based and basic training course for employment in hospitality, accommodation, hotels, motels or resorts. A popular and substantial starting point for anyone in the hotel industry, at 100 hrs duration.
There are 9 lessons as follows:
- Introduction: Scope and Nature of Hotel Management
The Hotel Industry, The Scope of the Industry, The Firm in the Hotel and Catering Industry, Hotel Management, Planning, Policy
- Organisation of the Hotel Workplace
Organisation, The Nature and Purpose of Organisation, The Mechanistic View of Organisation, The Human Relations View of Organisation, The Systems Approach to Organisation, Organisation Structure, The Informal Structure, Hotel Organisation
- Staff Management in Hotels
Work Charts, Communication and Coordination, Staff Management, Monitoring Workloads and Work Procedures, Authority/Chain of Command, Career Structure.
- Control Systems
Sources and Storage of Information, Creating and Maintaining Information, Creating and Maintaining Control Systems, Types of Control, Production Control, Quality Control, Sales Control, Labour Utilisation Control, Materials Control, Maintenance Control, Financial Control, Setting Standards and Corrective Action, Work Study, Organisation and Methods
- Front Desk Management (Reception)
The Functions of the Front Office, Customer Service, Dealing with Grievances & Complaints, Understanding Communication, Conversation Development, Using the Telephone, Business Letters, Promotions and Customer Relations, Client Interpersonal Skills, Self Esteem & Reinforcement, etc.
- Servicing Rooms and General Cleaning
Service Equipment, Direct Purchase of Hire of Equipment, Linen: Purchase or Hire, Choice of Fabrics, Structure and Properties of Fibres, Linen Room Organisation.
- Building and Facility Maintenance
Daily, Periodic and Planned Preventative Maintenance, Frequent Maintenance Problems, Safety, Furniture, Fittings, Managing Maintenance, Building Maintenance, Toilets and Locker Rooms.
- Activities Management
Tour desk, gymnasium, events (eg. Weddings, balls etc), In house Services, Recreation Facilities, Guest Information Services, Swimming Pools, Spa & Sauna Facilities, Activities Management, Tourism.
- Food Service
Types of Food Service (eg. Room Service, Bar, Restaurant, Coffee Shop etc), Kitchen Design& Equipment, Service Facilities, Food Service Management, Food Purchasing, Dealing with Complaints.
SUMMARY OF COMPETENCIES DEVELOPED
On successful completion of the course you should be able to do the following:
- To understand the range of hotels in operation and their management policies
- To understand management structures and the way in which the workplace is organised.
- To draw a team of professional staff together to ensure quality delivery of these services requires a tremendous amount of skill and organisation.
- To gain an understanding of the complexity of hotel management consider the following areas of management:
- To understand the importance of maintaining an overall system of control within a hotel
- To develop knowledge of the complexities and management issues relating to front desk operations.
- To develop knowledge of equipment and understanding of linen available
- To implement facilities management systems
- To implement and manage an activities service
- To understand a range of food services offered in the hotel industry
WHAT THE COURSE COVERS
Here are just some of the things you will be doing:
- Interview a manager or senior staff at a local hotel to enquire about their set up and structured policies.
- Find out about the organisational structure of either one department of the hotel, or the whole hotel.
- Observe how managers give direction/orders/requests to staff.
- Discuss the procedures which should be followed when creating and maintaining a budgetary control system.
- Observe and evaluate the Front Desk management of a selected hotel, commenting on the style of communication used, efficiency of the staff and your suggestions for improvement.
- Discuss room service and room standards (ie cleanliness, etc.) in hotels and other guest accommodation, with three different colleagues or friends to identify areas of concern.
- Visit a hotel in order to develop a checklist for conducting maintenance inspections.
- Compare guest services (including fitness and health services) fat two different hotels or chains in the same region
- Compare the different food services (including range/scope of services, times of service, types of food and beverage, prices, and quality of serviced) at three hotels in the same area.
- How the payment Options Work
- You can be either pay fees in one or two parts.
- If paying in 2 parts, the first part is paid on enrolment, and the second part two months later (You are sent a bill when you enrol).
- If you pay the full fee on enrolment, we offer a discounted fee (commonly around 8% lower)
This course aims to help you take the next step up in your hospitality career and expand your current skills. Whether you want to take the next step in your career or expand your current hospitality skills, this course can help you get there!
You will learn about all aspects of managing a hotel and the sections within it. Discover how to organize staff to work efficiently and effectively as a team. Learn about managing areas such as foodservice, front desk, building & maintenance, servicing rooms, activities and staff. This is a very solid and worthwhile course for anyone in the hotel industry.