ISSCC Previews: Circuit and System Insights - IEEEedX
Cosa impari in questo corso?
EdX keeps courses open for enrollment after they end to allow learners to explore content and continue learning. All features and materials may not be all available. Check back often to see when new course start dates are announced.
ISSCC Previews: Circuit and System Insights, is a class offered by the IEEE International Solid-State Circuits Conference (ISSCC). The course introduces several key circuit concepts and trends in a tutorial fashion, allowing participants to understand and appreciate the broad themes covered in the ISSCC conference.
These Previews are in the form of eleven, 10-to-18 minute modules taught by leading experts that establish the current state-of-the-art in several fields, including wireless and wireline communication, analog, digital, and memory. Each module will have a few optional questions to test the students understanding of the material covered. The eleven modules are:
- How Far Can We Go With Electrical I/O?, Elad Alon, University of California, Berkeley
- Exascale Computing—Fact or Fiction?, Shekhar Borkar, Intel
- Voltage Scaling Limits: How Low Can Vmin Go?, Leland Chang, IBM
- Millimeter-wave and Terahertz Integrated Circuits in Silicon Technologies: Challenges and Solutions, Payam Heydari, University of California, Irvine
- Creating Energy Efficient Digital Systems, Mark Horowitz, Stanford University
- Innovation Trend of Semiconductor Memories, Nicky Lu, Etron Technology, Inc.
- Techniques and Trade-offs in Low Power Wireless Transceivers, Al Molnar, Cornell University
- A/D Converter Figures of Merit and Performance Trends, Boris Murmann, Stanford University
- N-Path Filters, Bram Nauta, University of Twente
- Impact of Scaling on Analog Design, Willy Sansen, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- How to Extract Power from a Solar Cell, Stefano Stanzione, IMEC Netherlands