Learning to Create eBooks TrainingCareerVision Training
£ 72 - (81 €)
- Birmingham (Inghilterra)
Cosa impari in questo corso?
Basic IT training
Skills and Training
• Format: CD or Download
• Duration: 5 Hours (90 lessons)
• Instructor: Andy Anderson
• Platform: Windows PC or Mac
• Date Released 16-01-2013
In this video based ePub training course, Andy Anderson will teach you how to create and publish eBooks using Adobe InDesign. eBooks are a powerful way to publish your document, be it a book, instruction manual or just a personal journal for your own personal perusal. You can distribute it using a number of different methods which Andy covers in this course.
You will start by setting up an InDesign template for your ePub. You will import the text and work with character and paragraph styles for your publication. You will learn how to do basic formatting, add page breaks and a table of contents. Andy shows you how to add and optimize images in your eBook, and how to export and proof your ePub. This video tutorial covers methods of publishing your eBook to Kindle, iTunes, working with alternate ePub formats, generating externals links, and much much more.
Once you have completed this computer based training course, you will understand the tools and techniques that you need in order to start publishing your own eBooks. Working files are included, allowing you to follow along with the author throughout the lessons.
Benefits of this Software Training:
• Tuition by expert tutors.
• Narrated training videos demonstrate the key tools and professional techniques
helping you to work faster and smarter.
• Learning is fast as the trainers guide you using simplistic terms and minimal jargon.
• Personal Tutoring - Step-by-step video training from your own desktop.
Delivered via DVD/CD training or online tuition.
• The tutor transfers knowledge to you quickly and effectively.
• All the concepts of each application are explained clearly and precisely.
• Course works on PC and Mac.
• Alternative to a boring book or manual and expensive training courses,
seminars and amp; classes.
• Jump to and from lessons - learn at your own pace.
• The visual and practical nature shortens the learning curve compared to standard
The first 3 chapters are available for free viewing. Click on the links below to get started.
00. Free Videos From This Course What You Will Learn About Andy Setting Up An InDesign Template Converting Tables To ePubs Generating A Table Of Contents Controlling Image Placement Export General Options Editing The ePub Documents In Dreamweaver Generating External Links 01. Introduction To Electronic Publishing 0101 Intro To ePubs 0102 About Andy 0103 What You Will Learn 0104 Working With The Exercise Files 0105 What Is Electronic Publishing 02. Electronic Publishing Essentials 0201 Intro To ePub Essentials 0202 Creating An ePub Friendly Document 0203 Setting Up An InDesign Template 0204 Importing Text And Applying Styles 0205 Working With Paragraph Styles 0206 Working With Character Styles 0207 Testing The Document 03. Basic ePub Formatting 0301 Intro To Basic ePub Formatting 0302 Converting Tables To ePubs 0303 Working With Anchors 0304 Using The Articles Panel 0305 Controlling Vertical Spacing 0306 Inserting Inline Graphics 0307 Determining The Viewer Application 04. Page Breaks And Table of Contents 0401 Intro To Page Breaks And Table of Contents 0402 Creating A Cover Page 0403 Generating A Table Of Contents 0404 Breaking Pages On The TOC 0405 Creating Breaks With Additional Styles 0406 Creating A TOC With The Books Panel 05. Optimizing ePub Images 0501 Intro to ePub Images 0502 The Coffee Table E-Book 0503 Creating A Non-Master Master Page 0504 Adding Images And Page Breaks 0505 Adding Alternate Text To An Image 0506 Directly Editing An ePub Document 0507 Controlling Image Placement 0508 Image Optimization 0509 Adding A Separate Cover Page 06. Exporting And Proofing An ePub 0601 Intro To Exporting Options 0602 Export General Options 0603 Export Image Options 0604 Export Advanced Options 0605 Proofing The ePub 0606 Using iTunes And Dropbox 07. Editing The ePub Document Files 0701 Intro To ePub Doc Files 0702 Extracting The ePub Documents 0703 An Overview Of ePub Documents 0704 Editing The ePub Documents In Dreamweaver 0705 Modifying The ePub Table Of Contents 0706 Adding A Guide Section To The ePub 08. Tying Up Loose Ends 0801 Tying Up Loose Ends 0802 Building The Project 0803 Modifying The Table Of Contents 0804 Generating External Links 0805 Working With Alternate ePub Formats 0806 Using The Kindle InDesign Plug-In 0807 Validating The ePub Document 09. Publishing Considerations 0901 Intro To Publishing Considerations 0902 Obtaining An ISBN 0903 Publishing Electronically 0904 Working With An Aggregator 0905 Final Thoughts