Loop: Repetition and Variation in Music - University College CorkKadanze
Cosa impari in questo corso?
Compositional techniques and styles studied include minimalism, ambient, alternative, musique concréte, popular, independent, experimental and sample based music. Assessment will consist of short composition assignments (1-2 min) rooted in class discussion and readings. These will be turned in as audio files. A single composition of 5-10 minutes will act as the final project.
By the end of this course students will be able to:
· Compose an engaging piece of music using a minimum amount of musical material.
· Critically engage with a piece of music through aural analysis.
· Analyze or break down music compositions to determine structural form and construction.
· Adapt compositional principles to their own music.
· Discover new approaches to music composition.