Making Sense Of Social Impact: Acumen's Building Blocks For Impact Analysis - AcumenNovoEd
Cosa impari in questo corso?
Together with Acumen's Impact Team, +Acumen developed this course to help answer these questions: 'What does it mean to create social impact?' 'How do you go about it?' and 'Why measure social impact and what to measure?'. This course will focus on how Acumen measures impact in their portfolio companies and how you can apply those tools in any context.
We believe this course will be especially insightful for those interested in impact investing, but it is by no means limited to that audience. Whether you are a philanthropist, a professional in the nonprofit, impact investing or social entrepreneurship field, or if you just want to know to 'do good' in a better way, this course is for you.
Key Learning Outcomes:
By the end of this course, you will:
- Understand what Acumen means by social impact and how Acumen assesses it
- Be able to apply that framework to an organization/an initiative that you personally care about
Please visit our +Acumen Page for more information. Last time when we offered this course, we encouraged learners to form teams. This time, we are welcoming individual participants as well.
- How does this course work?
- What if I want to take this with my friends/colleagues?
This Course Is For You If:
This is an introductory level course.
- You are someone looking to create a positive change in the world and would like to know if you are actually having an impact
- You are interested in using impact analysis as a guide to improving the effectiveness of the work you do
- You are seeking clarity in the constantly changing conversations on defining impact
- You are curious to gain perspective on how your way of thinking about impact compares to the way others may think of impact
- You are curious about how Acumen considers and measures their work's impact
- You work in, or are keen to work in, the impact investing space and are interested in broadening your understanding of impact
Approximately 4-5 hours/weekTechnical Requirements:
You will need a computer that allows you to watch the video lectures and provides the ability to upload all your assignments.Statement of Accomplishment:
Subject to course completion (completion of all assignments), you will receive a statement of accomplishment signed by +Acumen.