MPharm in PharmacyAston University
Chiedi il prezzo
- Birmingham (Inghilterra)
Cosa impari in questo corso?
- Develop the practical, applied skills employers demand:
Benefit from close links with local hospitals, community pharmacies, GP surgeries and pharmaceutical companies, with integrated work-based placements throughout the programme
- A modern pharmacy programme that meets the developing role of pharmacists:
Become equipped to work in all branches of the profession (pharmacy, community, research and industry).
4 years full-time
UCAS Code: B230
We welcome applications from candidates interested in our MPharm programme who have the skills and capability to excel on our course. Applicants are invited to a compulsory interview session where you will meet our staff, experience our facilities and we will explore your attitudes towards a career within healthcare. While we expect applicants to achieve our required entry grades, we will consider applicants with predicted grades that fall below our entry requirements for individuals who demonstrate a strong commitment to and aptitude for healthcare practice.
A Levels: AAB-ABB in three A level subjects, including Chemistry and at least one other science subject (Biology, Maths or Physics). General Studies and Critical Thinking are not accepted as part of the offer. Additional AS/A2 subjects welcomed.
IB: 33 points overall, including 6 points in Higher Level Chemistry and Higher Level Biology or Physics, 5 points in Higher Level Maths or 6 points in Standard Level Maths and 5 points in Standard Level English.
We do not accept Access courses for entry to this degree.
BTEC & other:
D*DD in BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science (Forensic Science, Laboratory & Industrial Science or Medical Science) together with grade B in A level Chemistry. AS Chemistry is not sufficient.
DD in BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Applied Science (Forensic Science, Laboratory & Industrial Science or Medical Science) or Pharmacy Services & NVQ level 3. With these qualifications we also require grades A and B in A level Chemistry and one other A level science subject
- We welcome applications from students who have taken BTEC qualifications as a first option and who achieved five or more GCSEs (including Maths and English) at grade C or above. You must also meet the A-level requirements listed above.
- We do not consider applications from students who are unsuccessful in obtaining the required number and/or standard of A-levels for admission to our programmes and subsequently embark on a BTEC as a second option. Instead we would encourage you to resit your A-levels (see our resit policy below).
AAABB in Scottish Highers, including Chemistry, Biology and Maths.
AAABB in Irish Leaving Certificate including Chemistry, Biology and Maths and excluding Irish. Physics can be considered in lieu of Biology.
GCSE: At least five GCSEs at grade C or above including English at grade C and Maths at grade B.Resit Students
- We welcome applications from students who have tried to improve their examination grades by taking a maximum of one set of resits. We treat these applications in exactly the same way as other applications. However, if you have had more than one attempt at improving your grades, your application will be considered on an individual basis and we reserve to make an amended (higher) offer, or not make an offer.
Please note, your full educational background is taken into account and all qualifications are considered when we make a decision on your application.International Foundation Programme in Science (Aston University)
We also welcome international students with equivalent qualifications to apply for our programmes. For international students without equivalent qualifications, it is also possible to gain entry to this undergraduate degree programme by completing an International Foundation Programme at Aston University, although please note the progression requirements to our programmes. International applicants expected to gain foundation diplomas from other providers are welcomed and will be considered on a case by case basis.
Foundation Programme in Science (Aston University)
For students with good A-level (or equivalent) grades, but who narrowly miss our standard requirements, it is also possible to gain entry to this programme by completing a Foundation Year, although please note the progression requirements to our programmes. Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to provide evidence of an English language qualification. Find out more about our English language requirements.The minimum A level grades we consider for entry to Pharmacy programmes via the Foundation Programme in Science are BBC, including a B in A level Chemistry. We encourage you to apply for entry direct to the 1st year of the MPharm in the first instance.
- UK/EU: £9,000
- International: £16,850
More on fees