Novel Writing and Longer WorksCity University London
A Islington (Inghilterra)
Chiedi il prezzo
- Short course
- Islington (Inghilterra)
Cosa impari in questo corso?
Skills and Training
What will I learn?
- Introduction: Why do we read/write? Short Story vs Novel
- Ideas: Writing a Synopsis
- Sense of Time & Place (Description)
- Narrative & Point of View + Chapter Workshop 1
- Genre & Style + Chapter Workshop 2
- Writers' Resources + Chapter Workshop 3
- What next? + Chapter Workshop 4
- To identify and analyse your idea for a novel;
- To define the techniques involved in longer fiction;
- To understand the construction of a sustained piece of fiction;
- To complete a working synopsis of your novel;
- To complete the first chapter of your novel, 2000-5000 words in length;
- To workshop students' chapters through group reading and discussion;
- To learn to analyse and criticise constructively your own and others' work, as well as the work of "canon" authors.
Teaching and Assessment
Informal assessment will take place through group discussion, class room activities, and questions and answers sessions as guided by your tutor.