Petroleum and Environmental Technology MScCoventry University
£ 9.602 - (11.146 €)
- Scarborough (Inghilterra)
Cosa impari in questo corso?
Oil and Gas
Skills and Training
Technical specialists with environmental skills and competencies are increasingly valued by the global oil and gas industry in the 21st century. Developed in consultation with the industry and delivered by the largest group of oil and gas specialists at Coventry University, Petroleum and Environmental Technology MSc offers a unique, comprehensive and advanced level introduction to the technical operation of the petroleum industry linked to an assessment of the most important emerging environmental issues of concern to the sector. This course is professionally accredited by the Energy Institute: the leading chartered professional body for the global energy industry.WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
Uniquely at Coventry University, this course will give you the opportunity to study all major components of the upstream petroleum operation including reservoir technology and simulation, enhanced oil recovery, drilling and well completion, and petroleum processing and gas technology. It also combines this with the development of complementary expertise in key environmental issues such as oil spills trajectory simulation and remediation, environmental impacts of oil and gas, climate change, renewable energies and water/wastewater treatment. Particular highlights include training in industry standard PETREL and ECLIPSE reservoir simulation software (used by multinational oil companies like Shell, BP and ExxonMobil and kindly donated by Schlumberger to support your learning), and the opportunity to obtain a NEBOSH accredited Managing Safely Certificate. MSc PET students can also participate in a vibrant Student Chapter of the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE).
Upon successful completion of the course you should be recognised as a rounded and highly competent upstream technical oil and gas professional, with a distinctive and marketable environmental bias.
The course is professionally accredited by the Energy Institute. Obtaining Energy Institute accreditation involves a rigorous assessment, by a specialist visiting panel, of the quality of the course, the School, its facilities and its staff and students. On successful completion of this course, students will have met the entry requirement for working towards MEI chartered professional status for the Energy Institute. In summary, MSc Petroleum and Environmental Technology:
- can prepare you for a rewarding career in the fast growing energy and hydrocarbon industry;
- will build your skills in all major technical components of the upstream petroleum industry linked to a distinctive and marketable understanding of the nature and management of relevant environmental issues;
- is professionally accredited by the Energy Institute and offers the opportunity to obtain a NEBOSH accredited health and safety certificate on successful completion of the course.
Accreditations shall be renewed in accordance with the relevant body’s standard review process and subject to the University maintaining the same high standards of course delivery.WHAT WILL I LEARN?
A wide range of subjects are available giving you a multidisciplinary approach to understanding the petroleum industries.
- Drilling and Well Completion;
- Reservoir Technology;
- Oil and Gas Processing Technology;
- HSE Management in the Oil and Gas Industry;
- Oil Spill Science, Response and Remediation;
- Petroleum Contracts and Economics;
- Research Project.
Optional subjects (choose two)
- Environmental Monitoring;
- Water and Wastewater Treatment;
- Impacts of Petroleum Exploration Production and Transportation;
- Project and Quality Management in the Energy Industry;
- Reservoir Simulation;
- Clean Energy, Climate and Carbon.