Principles of Palliative CareAnglia Ruskin University
£ 9.250 - (10.950 €)
- Cambridge (Inghilterra)
Cosa impari in questo corso?
Skills and Training
Explore the core principles of palliative care. Learn the skills you need to assess patients and their families in order to deliver effective palliative and end of life care as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Palliative and end of life care is relevant in many care settings. It involves the holistic care of patients with advanced progressive illnesses, and the purpose is to achieve the best quality of life for patients and their families. Palliative care needs to be available when and where the patient and their carers want it, in line with government recommendations.
This course explores the core principles of palliative care. It will provide you with the skills you need to assess patient needs before planning and delivering holistic care. This course is particularly relevant if you are new to the field of palliative and end of life care or are interested in improving your knowledge and skills in this area.
You’ll be a healthcare professional, working with patients/clients who have a life-limiting illness and who need palliative care. You might be working in an NHS hospital trust, a nursing home or in the community.
- Principles of palliative care: WHO definition, National Service Frameworks, End of Life care.
- Psychosocial aspects of palliative care: attachment, separation & loss, coping strategies & spiritual care.
- Communication skills: - helping people live with a life limiting illness.
- Management of distressing symptoms: pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions.
- Ethical issues in palliative care.