Reminiscence WorkAnglia Ruskin University
£ 9.250 - (11.049 €)
- Cambridge (Inghilterra)
Cosa impari in questo corso?
Research has shown that reminiscence work helps to stimulate levels of cognition, increase communication ability, and improve quality of life for people with dementia. It enables older people to maintain a feeling of purposefulness and a sense of self. It also restores self-esteem and helps them to build meaningful relationships with others.
Reminiscence work can be implemented in residential/nursing homes, day care settings and hospital in-patient units. Knowing and valuing each individual's past experiences is a fundamental element in practising person-centred care.
The process of reminiscence work with older people is full of enjoyment, stimulation and is a rewarding experience. It establishes and promotes communication between older people and their carers. The individuality of older people can be highlighted through their recall of unique and revealing personal history.
In this workshop you will cover topics including:
- Introduction to different forms of reminiscing.
- Skills to plan/organise/facilitate a reminiscence group.
- Identifying resources and themes.
- Individual and small group work.
- Understanding communication with people who have dementia.
- Consolidation of values and attitudes in working with people who have dementia.