Research Methods with PsychologyCity University London
Chiedi il prezzo
- Islington (Inghilterra)
Cosa impari in questo corso?
This is a composite programme, which provides you with the opportunity to study modules from several of our other MSc courses. Your research methods training is thus situated within several sub-disciplines of social science. The links below will often take you to descriptions provided within the context of the programme from which the module originates.Core modules
- Behavioural Research Methods: Design & Analysis
- Applied Econometrics and Psychological Research Methods
- Research Methods & Programming
- Statistical Models
- Applied Qualitative Data Analysis
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Fundamentals of Cognitive Science
- Psychological Processes: Individual and Social
- Principles of Neuroscience: Brain anatomy, techniques and paradigms
- Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience
- Fundamental Processes in Cognitive Neuroscience and Neuropsychology I
- Social Cognition and the Social Brain
- Research, Design & Analysis
- Research in organisations
Please note: the elective modules on offer may vary each year.Course Structure
The programme is available full time. It is made up of 75 credits worth of taught modules, 45 credits worth of elective modules, and an empirical research project (worth 60 credits). Most taught modules are worth 15 credits. The taught modules are completed in the Autumn and Spring terms, while the dissertation is completed mainly during the summer period.
Teaching and Assessment
The general approach to teaching and learning in this programme is through a combination of lectures, interactive sessions, practical workshops and small group classes, including individual and group presentations. Thus, you are expected to give presentations, to engage in discussions designed to encourage you to reflect on issues raised in the lectures, to expand further specific topics, and to develop your communication skills. You are encouraged to undertake extensive reading in order to understand the topics covered in...