Safeguarding Children & Young PeopleAnglia Ruskin University
£ 9.250 - (10.950 €)
- Cambridge (Inghilterra)
Cosa impari in questo corso?
Skills and Training
Children's home care
Children and Young People
Develop the enhanced knowledge and skills you need to proactively safeguard children and young people. Gain a deeper understanding of the explanations and effects of child abuse, identify risk-taking behaviour, and learn preventive strategies for working with children, young people and their families.
Children and young people are affected by abuse in different ways, depending on the culture and location of their society. This course will enable you to deconstruct explanations for child abuse and safeguarding, and to critically reflect on your findings.
You’ll deepen your understanding of the relevant issues as well as exploring personal reflections relating to children and young people, providing professional insights into current policy and procedure.
You’ll develop your ability to critically evaluate your knowledge, skills and current practice, and learn to take a more proactive and innovative stance when promoting the safeguarding of children and young people.
- Social construction of child abuse
- Multi-factorial explanations of child abuse
- Effects of child abuse
- Theoretical perspectives of abuse
- Preventive strategies for working with children, young people & their families
- Inter-professional frameworks
- Interagency working & interventions
- Past developments & future directions
- Risk-taking behaviours
- Government policy
- Legal & ethical frameworks
- Anti-discriminative practice
- Anti-oppressive practice.
You’ll be assessed via a 6,000-word essay in which you’ll explore the contemporary theories, perspectives, government and legal policy, and interventions surrounding safeguarding children.
This module forms part of our MSC Children and Young People course.