Storytelling for Change - AcumenNovoEd
Cosa impari in questo corso?
Skills and Training
Acumen and The Ariel Group have created this hands-on course to help you develop your practical skills as a storyteller. Whether you work in an office making presentations in the boardroom, as a teacher with 30 to 300 students, interacting with customers, or one-on-one with individuals, using the elements of story bring you closer to your audience. Using stories makes your messages memorable, gives your audience something to relate to, and above all captures their attention, motivating and inspiring them in new ways. A story taps into more than one element of communicating. Great storytellers are great communicators and effective leaders.
Acumen believes that storytelling is an essential tool for changing the way the world tackles poverty because it starts with changing conversations around what we see, hear, feel and know to be true. Change leaders see the world's potential, and tell powerful stories that inspire action.
Key Learning Outcomes:
By the end of this course, you will:
- Be confident in using stories, especially personal stories, as a part of their communication toolkit
- Know how to tell stories and use a specific set of storytelling skills so that you connect with the hearts and minds of your audience
- Have developed, rehearsed, and received feedback on one personal story as a replicable model so that you can build a personal “library" or “back pocket" of stories that can be used in different situations
- Be able to use a 5-step process to integrate story into presentations for change, work, or many other situations
Please visit our
+Acumen Page for more information. We invite participants to form groups to work together on this course. If you'd like to form a group with others, please send this link to your friends or colleagues to ask them to sign up!
If you don't have a group, no problem. On the the NovoEd platform you will have an option to form a group. Or, you can also participate as an individual and interact with others on the course forum.
If you have any questions, please contact us at
This Course Is For You If:
- You make lots of presentations, or you want to get better at making presentations
- You are a teacher, facilitator or instructor
- You think you don't have any stories (we'll bring them out of you!)
- You want a new way of connecting with people (great for networking!)
- You're interviewing for jobs and want a strong way of presenting yourself
- You want to change your communication style
- You just want to have fun!
Approximately 3-4 hours/weekTechnical Requirements:
You will need a computer that allows you to watch the video lectures and provides the ability to upload all your assignments.Statement of Accomplishment:
Subject to course completion (completion of all assignments), you will receive a statement of accomplishment signed jointly by +Acumen and The Ariel Group.