Writers' WorkshopCity University London
A Islington (Inghilterra)
Chiedi il prezzo
- Short course
- Islington (Inghilterra)
Cosa impari in questo corso?
What will I learn?
- You will learn to: Understand the construction of a sustained piece of fiction;
- Revise and edit your work;
- Identify markets and the requirements of publishers;
- Give, receive and apply constructive criticism;
- Put together a submission for an agent or publisher, consisting of a synopsis, first three chapters or short stories and covering letter.
- Submit and workshop a synopsis of your novel (approx. 500 words);
- Submit and workshop 3 chapters of your novel or 3 short stories (max. 5000 words each chapter or story);
- Select a topic you are interested in for focused discussion in class (e.g., "Pace", "Dialogue", "Multiple Viewpoints");
- Write an author biog and covering letter to send to agents/publishers.
Teaching and Assessment
Students are assessed by their contribution to class discussions and their work on in-class and homework exercises, as well as their submitted synopsis, chapters or stories.