MSc. Degree in International Economics offered by the Department of Economics, Management and Statistics at the University of Milano-Bicocca is a two-year study program that provides advanced knowledge and skills in core areas of economics achieved through the delivery of specialized courses in macroeconomics, microeconomics, international economics, econometrics and other range of optional courses (Game theory, European studies, Industrial organization, Labor economics).
In order to give an in-depth exposure to the various theoretical constructs, the students are also required to attend courses in management, corporate finance, business strategy as well as European and international contract law, competition law and employment law. The overall aim of the course is to train students for careers as applied economists in the private sector as well as in government and international organizations. The program also provides a strong foundation for undertaking doctoral studies.
Quali sono gli obiettivi della formazione?: Our graduates are equipped with the practical and analytical tools to work and excel in the field of international economics. Our alumni are working as managers, business consultants, financial analysts, policy advisors, researchers and economists across large companies, government, financial institutions, international organizations and academia. Some of them have won scholarships and admitted to Italian and International doctorate programs.
Qual è il processo di iscrizione?: Admission procedures vary according to the student’s nationality and place of residence. For complete clarity concerning different pocedures, we invite those interested to consult our website. Since the procedure may take several weeks/months of processing, we highly recommend you to get in touch with the competent offices as soon as possible. PLEASE NOTE: The number of seats available are limited, therefore we request you to apply as soon as possible.
Requisiti: Min. 3 years Bachelor Degree from an accredited college/university or its equivalent English Certification: Certificate of proficiency in English corresponding to min. B2 level, issued by recognized institutions.
Cosa impari in questo corso?
- IT Law
- Competition Law
- Economic Sociology
- International Economics
Mathematical Methods and Programming 10 ECTS
- Module I: Mathematics 7 ECTS
- Module II: VBA Programming 3 ECTS
- Module I: Inferential Statistics 5 ECTS
- Module II: Econometrics 8 ECTS
- Module I: Advanced Microeconomics 6 ECTS
- Module II: Firms and Markets in Global
Economies 6 ECTS
- Module I: Growth Theory and Empirics:
An International Perspective 6 ECTS
- Module II: Business Cycles in the Global
Economy. Facts and Theory 6 ECTS
Second year couses (56 ECTS)Development Economics 10 ECTS
- Module I: Microeconomics of Development 5 ECTS
- Module II: Macroeconomics of Development 5 ECTS
a) Foundations of International EconomicLaw 10 ECTS
- Module I: Competition Law 5 ECTS
- Module II: International Trade Law 5 ECTS
- Module I: Competition Law 5 ECTS
- Module II: Industrial Relations and Trade
a) The Corporate Strategy: The StrategicAnalysis in a Competitive Environment 6 ECTS
b) Management Decisions and DataMining 6 ECTSPrinciples of Corporate FinanceOne of the following:a) Industrial Organization 8 ECTSb) The Economics and History of EuropeanIntegration 8 ECTS
- Module I: History of European Integration 4 ECTS
- Module II: History of European Integration 4 ECTS
- Module I: Labour and Migration Economics 4 ECTS
- Module II: Economics of Human Resources 4 ECTS