6291 A Updating Your Technology Knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP to Windows 7 BetaIT Learning Solutions
Chiedi il prezzo
This section provides you with a brief description of the course, audience, suggested prerequisites, and course objectives.Course Description
This two-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to work with the new technologies in Windows Vista and Windows 7 Beta.
This course is intended for individuals who already have experience with Windows XP to upgrade their skills to Windows 7 Beta.
This course is intended for IT professionals who generally perform desktop support for
Windows computers. Typical duties for IT professionals include user support, desktop
configuration, and desktop troubleshooting. They will be particularly interested in the
new features of Windows 7 Beta and how the changes affect Windows security,
reliability, performance, productivity and manageability.
This course requires that you meet the following prerequisites:
• Students must have one year experience installing, configuring, and supporting
Windows XP desktop operating systems.
Module 1: Introduction to User Productivity Enhancements
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Manage the desktop settings that personalize the computing experience.
• Describe how Windows 7 Beta Search enhancements improve productivity.
• Implement Search Federation to search remote data sources within the enterprise infrastructure.
• Describe the new Group Policy Preferences and Administrative Templates that are available to IT professionals who manage Group Policy Objects.
• Describe how IT professionals use the Group Policy Management Console to create scripts that manage Group Policy Objects.
• Identify and use the improvements made to the latest version of PowerShell.
• Describe how DirectAccess enables IT professionals to remotely manage and update user PCs.
• Describe the platform and network requirements necessary to implement DirectAccess.
• Describe the VPN reconnection features and the platform and network requirements.
• Illustrate how to use Group Policy to prevent specific types of files from being synchronized to the server.
• Describe how BranchCache improves user productivity in branch offices by caching content from remote file and Web servers in branch locations.
• Administer new User Account Control security settings to improve the end-user computing experience.
• Describe how AppLocker enables IT Professionals to specify the programs that are allowed to run on user desktops.
• Describe how Windows 7 Beta improves upon the firewall policy by allowing IT professionals to identify multiple active firewall profiles.
• Describe new Windows 7 Beta features as they relate to Windows Deployment Services and virtualization.
• Explain how the Problem Steps Recorder can be used to reproduce and record experiences with an application failure.
• Summarize key components of the Windows Troubleshooting Platform and run the troubleshooting wizard from the Start menu for a specific problem.
• Identify how unified tracing provides IT professionals with a single tool for troubleshooting issues in the Windows 7 Beta networking stack.
• Describe how Windows Management Instrumentation provides IT professionals with programmatic access to reliability data, enabling them to easily check stability status and review recent events remotely.
• Describe how to use the Device Manager and Devices and Printers to manage devices.
Lesson 1: Controlling Your Desktop
Lesson 2: Overview of Desktop Search Enhancements
Lesson 3: Introduction to Search Federation
Lesson 1: Automating Group Policy Enhancements
Lesson 2: Introduction to Windows PowerShell 2.0
Lesson 3: Using Windows PowerShell 2.0
Lesson 1: Introduction to DirectAccess
Lesson 2: Designing a DirectAccess Solution
Lesson 3: Install and Configure DirectAccess
Lesson 4: Overview of VPN Reconnect
Lesson 5: Introduction to BrancheCache
Lesson 1: Implementing User Account Control
Lesson 2: Introduction to Windows BitLocker™
Lesson 3: Introduction to Windows AppLocker™
Lesson 4: Configuring Windows® Defender
Lesson 5: Introduction to Windows® Firewall with Advanced Security
Lesson 1: Preparing to Deploy Windows 7 Beta Images
Lesson 2: Deploying Windows 7 Beta Images
Lesson 3: Servicing Windows 7 Beta Images
Module 6: Troubleshooting in Windows 7 Beta
Lesson 1: Troubleshooting with Problem Steps Recorder
Lesson 2: Using the Windows Troubleshooting Platform
Lesson 3: Diagnosing Issues with Unified Tracing
Lesson 4: Analyzing Performance with Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)
Lesson 5: Managing Devices