AN31G Power Systems for AIX - Virtualization II: Advanced PowerVM and PerformanceOvernet Education
Cosa impari in questo corso?
Il centro presenta a continuazione il programma pensato per migliorare le tue competenze e permetterti di realizzare gli obiettivi stabiliti. Nel corso della formazione si alterneranno differenti moduli che ti permetteranno di acquisire le conoscenze sulle differenti tematiche proposte. Inscriviti per poter accedere alle seguenti materie.
- Unit 1: PowerVM features review
- Exercise 1: Introduction to the lab environment
- Unit 2: Shared processors and virtual processor tuning
- Exercise 2: Shared processors and virtual processor tuning
- Unit 3: Configuring multiple shared processor pools and donating dedicated processors
- Exercise 3: Configuring multiple shared processor pools and donating dedicated processors
- Unit 4: Active Memory Sharing
- Exercise 4: Active Memory Sharing
- Exercise 4: Active Memory Sharing (continued)
- Unit 5: Active Memory Expansion
- Exercise 5: Active Memory Expansion
- Unit 6: I/O device virtualization performance and tuning
- Unit 6: I/O device virtualization performance and tuning (continued)
- Exercise 6: I/O device virtualization performance and tuning
- Unit 7: Live Partition Mobility
- Exercise 7: Live Partition Mobility
- Unit 8: Suspend and resume
- Exercise 8: Suspend and resume
- Unit 9: Virtualization management tools
- Wrap up/Evaluations
Each participant will have a station set up with operating systems and software needed for the exercises.
- Describe the effect of the IBM PowerVM virtualization features on performance and monitoring, such as:
- Simultaneous multithreading (SMT), shared processors, multiple shared processor pools (MSPP), shared dedicated capacity, Active Memory Sharing (AMS), Active Memory Expansion (AME), Live Partition Mobility (LPM), and other virtualization features
- Interpret the outputs of AIX performance monitoring and tuning tools used to view the impact of features such as SMT, shared processors, additional shared processor pool activations, and device virtualization.
- Perform a Live Partition Mobility between two Power Systems servers
- Configure and monitor Active Memory Expansion
- Configure the Suspend and Resume and Active Memory Sharing features available with the Virtual I/O Server
- Implement the deduplication feature of Active Memory Sharing