IBM i Technical IntroductionDigi Academy
Chiedi il prezzo
Domande più frequenti
You must be able to:
- Navigate IBM i menus
- Use common IBM i commands
- Use IBM i Help and IBM i Knowledge Center
- Use a Windows-based PC and navigate PC menus and windows
- Explain programming concepts
- Write a simple program in any programming language
Contenuti del corso
This course is critical to your building a solid foundation of knowledge of the application development tools that you will be using on a day to day basis in your job as a programmer.
We do not cover all aspects of each and every tool. To do so would require two weeks.
For those areas where you want additional training, there are other courses that teach Control Language Programming and the RDi product.
This course is a prerequisite for all programming courses that follow. You should plan to learn as much as you can in class. Ask questions to clarify any misunderstandings. This is your class and the instructor is dedicated to maximizing your learning experience.
The exercises provide the student an opportunity to use and experiment with of the facilities taught in this course.
Contenuti dettagliati del corso
- Unit 1 - Class administration and introduction
- Unit 2 - IBM i application development tools
- Unit 3 - IBM i concepts and overview
- Unit 4 - IBM i Access and IBM i Navigator
- Exercise 1 - Navigating IBM i Navigator
- Unit 5 - Managing work flow on the IBM i
- Unit 6 - Commands, profiles, and libraries
- Exercise 2 - Create library and work with library list
- Exercise 3 - Modify profile, work with job description and alternate job
- Unit 7 - Introduction to IBM i security
- Unit 8 - Control language programming
- Exercise 4 - Write a basic CL program
- Unit 9 - Basic message handling
- Exercise 5 - Using messages
- Unit 10 - Creating reports and displays
- Exercise 6 - Editing display file source
- Exercise 7 - Designing and creating display files
- Exercise 8 - Using Screen Designer to create reports
- Unit 11 - IBM DB2 for i
- Unit 12 - Accessing the IBM i database using SQL and IBM i Navigator
- Exercise 9 - Working with the database using IBM i Navigator