Power Systems for AIX - Virtualization I: Implementing VirtualizationDigi Academy
Chiedi il prezzo
Domande più frequenti
You should have:
- advanced system administration experience with AIX 6 or AIX 7. This prerequisite can be met by attending one of the following courses:
- Power Systems for AIX II: AIX Implementation and Administration (AN12AU)
- Power Systems for AIX III: Advanced Administration and Problem Determination (AN15AU)
- AIX Jumpstart for UNIX Professionals (AN14AU)
Alternatively, you must have equivalent AIX and LPAR skills.
General TCP/IP knowledge is strongly recommended. This prerequisite can be met by attending TCP/IP for AIX Administrators (AN21AU).
You are also expected to have logical partition administration skills on POWER6 or POWER7 processor-based systems, which can be obtained by attending Power Systems for AIX I: LPAR Configuration and Planning (AN11AU).
Cosa impari in questo corso?
Target del corso
This advanced course is intended for system administrators, technical support personnel, and business partners responsible for implementing LPARs on IBM Power Systems servers.
Contenuti del corso
This course provides an overview of the PowerVM edition´s features on POWER6 and POWER7 processor-based systems. It explains the new features and benefits of virtualization including processor virtualization, Integrated Virtual Ethernet, Virtual I/O Server, and virtual devices, such as virtual Ethernet, virtual SCSI, and virtual Fibre Channel adapters. Basic and advanced configurations of the Virtual I/O Server and its clients are discussed including various availability options.
You are also given additional details about PowerVM features that were introduced in Power Systems for AIX I: LPAR Configuration and Planning (AN11AU).
Contenuti dettagliati del corso
- Introduction to partitioning
- Processor virtualization
- Integrated Virtual Ethernet
- Virtual Ethernet
- Virtual I/O Server and virtual devices
- Virtual network configuration with dual VIOS
- Virtual SCSI configurations with dual VIOS
- N_Port ID virtualization
- Migration from physical to virtual storage
- HMC Service Management
- PowerVM advanced systems maintenance