Power Systems and AIX Differences WorkshopDigi Academy
Chiedi il prezzo
Domande più frequenti
Students must have system administration experience in AIX, LPAR, and PowerVM. The AIX prerequisite can be met by attending one of the following classes or students can have equivalent AIX skills.
- Power Systems for AIX II: AIX Implementation and Administration (AN12G)
- AIX Jumpstart for UNIX Professionals (AN14G)
The LPAR and PowerVM prerequisite can be met by attending one of the following classes or students can have equivalent LPAR skills.
- Power Systems for AIX - Virtualization I: Implementing Virtualization (AN30G)
Contenuti del corso
This three day workshop course is designed to provide continuing education for system administrators who have extensive experience with previous levels of POWER hardware, PowerVM, and AIX. It covers various enhancements to Power hardware and firmware and to the AIX operating system. It starts with an overview of POWER7 architecture and equipment. It then proceeds with discussions and hands-on exercises on various software and firmware enhancements (ranging from AIX 7.1 TL0 and PowerVM 2.2.0 through AIX 7.1 TL2 and PowerVM 2.2.2). These enhancements include Virtual Fibre Channel port status, Active Memory Deduplication, Active Memory Expansion, 4 thread SMT, and other enhancements to the areas of AIX security, performance, and workload partitions. This is accomplished by discussing the enhancements in each of these followed by hands-on labs which provide additional exposure to the new environment.
For a lecture-only course that covers the same content attend What´s New in POWER7 and AIX7 (AN06G).
To learn only the very latest enhancements, attendance at IBM Technical conferences or symposiums is recommended.
Contenuti dettagliati del corso
- Unit 1: What´s new in POWER hardware
- Exercise 1: POWER7 hardware
- Unit 2: PowerVM enhancements
- Exercise 2: PowerVM enhancements
- Unit 3: POWER7: Active Memory Expansion
- Unit 3: Active Memory Expansion (continued)
- Exercise 3: Active Memory Expansion
- Unit 4: SMT enhancements
- Exercise 4: SMT4
- Unit 5: AIX performance enhancements
- Exercise 5: Performance tools
- Unit 6: AIX security enhancements
- Exercise 6: AIX security enhancements
- Exercise 6: AIX security enhancements (continued)
- Unit 7: Workload partition enhancements
- Exercise 7: WPAR enhancements
- Unit 8: AIX storage and networking enhancements
- Exercise 8: AIX storage enhancements
- Unit 9: Miscellaneous AIX enhancements
- Exercise 9: Miscellaneous AIX enhancements