EBHC International Conference 2015GIMBE
Cosa impari in questo corso?
Esperto nazionale ed internazionale di Evidence-based Medicine, Clinical Governance, metotologia didattica, trasferimento dei risultati della ricerca al paziente individuale ed alle strategie di politica sanitaria. direttore del centro studi GIMBE
- Variation in utilization of health care services that cannot be explained by variation in patient illness or patient preferences
- Patient harm from overdiagnosis and overtreatment
- Inequity from underuse of high value health services by certain social groups
- Failure to prevent diseases
- Waste, anything that does not add value to the outcome for patients
Moreover, every national health service must address the new challenges of rising need and demand, which in most countries will increase faster than the available resources. They will therefore not be able to be solved by the injection of more money, both because they have less money, and because they have developed and persisted in an era of growth in investment that will never be repeated.
Most of the wastes in health care are due to overuse, underuse and misuse of drugs, diagnostic tests, and other health interventions, not only because of gaps between research and practice, but also for inadequate processes of evidence generation, synthesis, presentation and translation.
As the sustainability of national health services is a global challenge and an evidence-based, cost-conscious, patient-centered and high value health care is the main goal of every national health service, the aim of the Conference is to promote an evidence-based approach to healthcare to increase value and reduce waste.
General EBHC topics
- Evidence generation: experiences or methodologies to increase value and reduce waste of health research
- Evidence synthesis: methodological issues for systematic reviews, guidelines, or health technology assessments
- Evidence presentation: presenting evidence to clinicians, patients, or policy makers
- Evidence translation: integrating evidence into patient, professional, managerial, or policy decisions
- Education to EBP/EBHC: educating/training students, professionals, and the public in evidence-based decision making
- Overuse, underuse and misuse of health care
- Low-value health care lists: development, and implementation
- Organizational interventions to increase value and reduce wastes
Registration feesThere are two options of registration fees:
All-inclusive, limited to 80 rooms available at hotel Caparena Only-conference, limited to 100 attendees
Fee option Full All-inclusive* € 1.700,00 Only-conference € 800,00
* Rates include single room supplement. For attendees sharing their room with another participant or an accompanying person the registration fee has a further reduction of € 200,00
Registrations will not be effective until fee payment has been received: participants will receive an e-mail confirmation when registration form and registration fee has been both received.