The Professional Certificate in AccountingThe Open University Business School
£ 270 - (320 €)
- Livello intermedio
- A distanza
- 600 ore di studio
- Campus online
- Invio di materiale didattico
- Tutoraggio personalizzato
- Esami presenziali
Domande più frequenti
This is an open entry qualification.
Cosa impari in questo corso?
The Professional Certificate in Accounting (S25)
This Professional Certificate in Accounting is ideal if you want a route into the accountancy profession, or if you need fundamental accounting skills in a management or other role. You will gain knowledge and understanding of financial and management accounting and the role of accounting in business organisations. This will include learning how to prepare accounts and how to use accounting information for decision-making, planning and control. You will also cover issues of corporate governance and ethics as they relate to accounting and management. The certificate is expected to be accredited with a range of professional bodies and will prepare you for professional training.
Please note that this Certificate will not qualify you as an accountant. To obtain that status you will need to pass the qualifying examinations of a professional accounting body.
Career relevance and employability
You can progress to professional training if you are awarded the Professional Certificate in Accounting. The Certificate has been awarded the following exemptions:
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) - Exemptions granted to successful Professional Certificate in Accounting students from papers C1, C2, C3, C4 and C5.
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) - Exemptions granted to successful Professional Certificate in Accounting students from papers F1, F2 and F3.
- The International Association of Book-keepers (IAB) - Students successful on B291 or The professional Certificate in Accounting will be eligible for IAB membership.
The Professional Certificate in Accounting is composed of two parts :
- Financial Accounting (B291), six months
- Management Accounting (B292), six months
The total cost of the Professional Certificate in Accounting is £ 2.670 (about € 3.200 with today’s exchange rate). The student registers and pays for one course at the time.
- Financial Accounting (B291) £ 1.335 (about € 1.600 with today’s exchange rate),
- Management Accounting (B292), £ 1.335 (about € 1.600 with today’s exchange rate),