Corso attualmente non disponibile
Clinical Child Psychology MSc
A Cambridge ()
Corso post laurea
Do you want to work towards a clinical career with children or take the next step towards a doctorate? Gain an advanced academic understanding of developmental disorders and childhood mental health. Investigate causes, assessment, classification and treatment.
Our course provides you with a strong foundation for research and will complement your professional clinical training. You’ll gain a comprehensive theoretical knowledge of the field, as well as the practical ability to design and evaluate clinical research programmes.
Specialist modules focus on diagnosis and treatment of different conditions, developmental psychopathology (including causes and impacts) and the broader issues surrounding psychological research.
You’ll also train in quantitative and qualitative research methods, including infant observation, assessment and diagnostic interviewing, neuroimaging (electroencephalography and magnetoencephalography) and neuropsychological assessment.
This leads up to your dissertation project, which will involve significant independent research with the guidance and support of our expert staff.
Please note that this course does not include clinical work with children and neither does it constitute professional training (e.g. training in clinical psychology).
Domande e risposte
Comunicaci i tuoi dubbi,altri utenti potranno risponderti
- Child development
- Mental health
- Child Behaviour
- Childhood develpoment
- Child Psychology
- Mental Health Nurse
- Child health
- Mental Health Treatment
- Scientific journalism
- Clinical Child Psychology
- Issues in Scientific ResearchThis module introduces many of the historical, contextual and epistemological issues that affect the science of psychology. You will learn about research directed by political and social desires through research funding. Additionally, this module will equip you with the necessary skills to succeed in research and will directly help with your dissertation.
- Diagnosis and Treatment in Clinical Child PsychologyIn this module, you'll be given an overview of the diagnosis of different developmental psychopathologies, looking at the different classifications systems. You'll gain knowledge about methods of diagnosis, including infant observation, psychological assessment and diagnostic interviewing.
- Developmental PsychopathologyExplore the developmental cause, risk factors and implications to everyday life in children with both developmental disorders and child-related mental health problems. Within developmental disorders, the topics covered will include normative development, autism and pervasive developmental disorders and language and communication disorders. Within child mental ill health the topics covered will include affective disorders, eating disorders and substance abuse, and childhood trauma.
- Quantitative Research MethodsDevelop a critical understanding of the principles of data collection and analysis for psychology and consider the theoretical basis of advanced quantitative methods. You’ll analyse example data sets such as ANOVA, MANOVA, ANCOVA, multiple linear regression, effect size, and factor analysis. These chosen statistical methods have been directed by the Economic and Social Research Council's Postgraduate Training Guidelines (fourth and fifth editions).
- DissertationYou'll chose an independent research topic from an area of expertise within our department (subject to availability of suitable supervision) and will conduct a significant research project in that area which may involve a literature review, data collection, analysis and a write-up.
We’ll assess your theoretical and applied understanding through essays, portfolios, exams, presentations, debates, data analysis and dissertation.
UK & EU students, 2016/17 (per year) £6,100
UK & EU students, 2016/17 (per year part time) £3,050
International students, 2016/17 (per year) £11,700
Full-time - January start, 15 months. September start, 12 months. Part-time - January start, 33 months. September start, 28 months. Part-time teaching times: Trimester 1: Fridays 10am-5pm; Trimester 2: Fridays 10am-4pm (Teaching would extend to Fridays 10am-6pm in Trimester 2, if required)
Hai bisogno di un coach per la formazione?
Ti aiuterà a confrontare vari corsi e trovare l'offerta formativa più conveniente.
Clinical Child Psychology MSc